Sacred 2 - Tips?

D

Deleted User

Sacred 2 Discussion

Hello. I just started playing couch co-op Sacred 2 with my dad. Played about 6 hours so far and it's really cool, but I could use some tips or advice about playing it since a lot of the game is not very well explained or is confusing.

Anyone here have experience with the game? If so, can you throw out some general advice and tips on the game? I have one main concern.

We're playing on Bronze, but the first 6 hours have been incredibly easy. Does the game get any harder? OR should be up the difficulty to Silver and start over?

Any other advice would be helpful too. Thanks.

Last edited:
I always played the game in silver. 1 AND 2. Have never played bronze with any characther on either game. Start in silver. It is till too easy sometimes, but it's much better than bronze.

What kind of tips are you looking for?? Combat arts to use, characters to play, skills to take? Please be a little more specific about what you are looking for and I will be glad to help. I have hundreds if not thousands of hours in this series, which is my favorite arpg series.

Sacred 2 is easy game in general so start silver and switch to gold as soon as you unlock it(on level 50 IIRC)and if you are still playing after all than time to platinum(unlocked on level 100 or beating gold).What kind of tips are you looking for?Most versatile char in game is seraphim she can be tank,melee burst dps , auto attacking melee/ranged dps or even fragile AoE/CC mage so if you don't know what you want to play you can start with her and see what is needed for party along the way.Best classic dps are Temple guardian for burst and High elf for AoE,Most fun class imo is dragon mage.

Thanks for the advice. Is it possible to take our level 8 characters and start a silver game? That would be cool.

Also, it would be best to start a Gold game at level 60? I didn't know that.

As for tips, just looking for general advice I guess. Here's a few more questions.

How many skills are recommended per build? I'd like to get say 10 skills, and level them all up, but I imagine that would spread my points more thin and it would be much harder to reach Mastery in each of those skills.

Is blacksmithing worth getting? I read it is possibly bugged on consoles. What exactly does it do? I tried to socket gems into my own gear but it didn't work.

I'm playing as a Seraphim and my dad is playing as a Shadow Warrior.

Is there a way to screw up these builds to where the game gets impossible to finish or something?

Can I equip relics and get their bonuses? Or do I need to socket them into a weapon or armor?

Just a few questions I had. Any help would be appreciated but I'm also going to google some of this stuff and check the Wiki. Thanks.

Thanks for the advice. Is it possible to take our level 8 characters and start a silver game?
It is,game itself resets,but char with all skills and gears stays
How many skills are recommended per build? I'd like to get say 10 skills, and level them all up, but I imagine that would spread my points more thin and it would be much harder to reach Mastery in each of those skills
depends on char type tanks/supports are better more widely specialized dps that hides behind tank is better with focus only on few skills
Is blacksmithing worth getting? I read it is possibly bugged on consoles. What exactly does it do? I tried to socket gems into my own gear but it didn't work
No you will always have enough gold to pay blacksmith NPC
Is there a way to screw up these builds to where the game gets impossible to finish or something?
You would have to make reealy big mistaker to do that and you would only feel in on gold or higer

Can I equip relics and get their bonuses? Or do I need to socket them into a weapon or armor?
Only in purple slots on weapons

Last edited:
30 hours in and this game is really fantastic. Why did I not discover this game sooner? It's really addictive and fun.

Well, I did play it last year for about 5 hours, and then Skyrim came out and I forgot all about it. It's a damn fine game though. Especially fun when you play couch co-op.

Side question - Are there other action RPGs similar to Sacred and Diablo for the Xbox 360? Does anyone know anything about Realms of Ancient War? Or Crimson Alliance? Or any other similar RPGs for current gen consoles?

TOO HUMAN!
My favorite XBOX360 exclusive.
Should be able to find a copy for $5 or less. Everyone else hated it.

Does Too Human have couch co-op? I forgot to mention that. I need games like Sacred 2 which also have couch co-op.

Well from what I saw of Too Human, it looks great!! Definitely piqued my interest.

After I'm done with Sacred 2 I'll probably pick up 2 copies of Too Human so me and my dad can play on Xbox Live.

Thanks for the recommendation! I would have never known that game existed.

As for Sacred 2, wow, talk about addictive! Excellent game. The loot, the exploration, the character progression; it's just nuts. I never expected such a huge open-world in a Diablo-style game. Makes exploration extremely fun. I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to get lost in a highly addictive loot and action fest.

Well from what I saw of Too Human, it looks great!! Definitely piqued my interest.

After I'm done with Sacred 2 I'll probably pick up 2 copies of Too Human so me and my dad can play on Xbox Live.

Thanks for the recommendation! I would have never known that game existed.

As for Sacred 2, wow, talk about addictive! Excellent game. The loot, the exploration, the character progression; it's just nuts. I never expected such a huge open-world in a Diablo-style game. Makes exploration extremely fun. I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to get lost in a highly addictive loot and action fest.

I've owned this game plus the expansion for quite awhile now and never really put any time into it, but after hearing your take on it I'm going to fire it up again.

Lord knows your enthusiasm of a game before got me to try and really enjoy Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning.

Yeah, give it a shot, it's well worth it I think. It's actually quite similar to Kingdoms of Amalur.

Sacred 2's quests at first may seem a little shallow, or not that interesting, mainly because they aren't voiced and each quest usually consists of one small page of text. But once you start "getting into it" and exploring the lore and the world, the quests become very fun. You do all sorts of stuff and it keeps you entertained, all the while you're getting great quest rewards which advance the excellent character progression and loot systems.

The strengths of the game are character progression, loot, exploration and fun combat. The exploration is on par with Morrowind or any Elder Scrolls game. Every piece of the map is hiding something, and the map itself is enormous. There are hidden caves all over the place, towns, camps, ruins, etc. You never know what you're going to find.

I was actually on the western-most point on the map last night. It looked like there were just huge mountains to the west and I couldn't go any further. I searched the map and actually found 4 teleporters deep in the area where it looks like you can't access. So you can actually access crazy parts of the map that look inaccessible. When I discovered that I was blown away. I have never seen a map where you can actually access the "grey area", let alone find 4 teleporters there. I haven't found out how to access that part yet but we're still looking.

You can take boats to remote islands. You can travel through mountain passages to find hidden caves and temples. The exploration is just mind-boggling. Expertly hand-crafted.

The loot is on par with Diablo. There's just tons of it. You probably won't find the same exact item twice.

There's powerful sets of armor. There's sockets in weapons and armor that you can stick runes, gems, rings, amulets into. There's a bunch of armor slots, about 3 times the amount of slots of a game like Skyrim or even Amalur. It's massive.

The character progression is fantastic. You get a bunch of skills and combat arts that you can constantly upgrade to get better in combat. You can take skills to level 75 and higher and achieve mastery status which unlocks a powerful new ability. You can modify combat arts to do special abilities. It's like a giant tangled web of awesomeness.

And finally, the combat is addictive and fun. It's especially fun to take out large bosses or hordes of Kobolds or undead. While you're smashing waves of enemies with powerful combat arts you just see the experience points and loot rolling in like you hit the jackpot on a slot machine.

Play it with 2 players and it's even more fun. I play with my dad and we're constantly trading gear, helping each other out, etc. And we can play while sitting on the same couch.

It's a really fun game. Give it a shot and you might become hooked.

Sacred 2 is an awesome game. I have to echo what nameless said and tell people to get the UK versions with the expansions. There is a great community mod available that adds back in a lot of stuff and makes getting more sets easier. Plus I never liked the stock view mode which is well adjustable with the mod. I wish GOG will get it soon though. After re-formating, Instalation is kind of a pain with all the patches that have to be done in just the right order.
I thought of picking up an xbox copy to play with the kids though. How is the view, Fluent on the console mode? How many can play in co-op mode?

Thanks for the followup review Fluent.

I have the UK PC version with expansion and yeah takes forever to get it all patched up but looking forward to playing it now.

And BTW don't bother with Realms of Ancient War, I bought it and wish I hadn't seems like half the features that should be in this type of game went missing, very disappointing.

I thought of picking up an xbox copy to play with the kids though. How is the view, Fluent on the console mode? How many can play in co-op mode?

The view is a fixed camera in couch co-op mode. It is 100% zoomed out and shows a large field of view. You can rotate the camera obviously, but you can't zoom in. I believe you can set it to "Static" or "Following". I use Following and it works well for me. I have no issues with it.

Couch co-op is 2-4 players.

And BTW don't bother with Realms of Ancient War, I bought it and wish I hadn't seems like half the features that should be in this type of game went missing, very disappointing.

Ahhh, that's very disappointing to hear. I played the demo and loved it. I figured the full game would be even better.

What features are missing?

Just played the Too Human demo. Game is pretty killer! Many thanks for the recommendation Trelow.

Too Human is one nice looking game. The art direction is stunning at times. I really enjoyed how the game looks.

Had a few gripes with it though. The implementation of Cyberspace is a little weird. It was kind of tedious to have to go to Cyberspace, turn a wheel which opened one of 3 doors, go back to reality, go in the opened door, explore, go back to Cyberspace, turn the wheel again, etc. I could see that getting confusing and tedious at times.

And also, it was kind of hard to see what I was picking up loot wise because everything was going so fast. Even when I opened a chest and got 5 or more items, the text saying what I picked up scrolled by very quickly. My dad's a slow reader so fast text in his games just doesn't mix well. It was a little confusing trying to figure out what the heck I just picked up.

Lastly, trying to balance myself on the head of a giant robot was frustrating. I know it's not supposed to be easy, but I finally just gave up and killed it the old fashioned way. Which took me about 2 deaths because it was quite challenging.

That's another thing, the user skill required is pretty heavy. I know I know, it's supposed to take skill to play, but my dad prefers action RPGs where stats determine the outcome more than stick skills.

Question, are stick skills featured heavily throughout the game as they (somewhat) were in the demo? Do stats make a big difference or not so much? Can someone with really sub-par stick skills survive?

Just little things like that I found weren't the best, but overall it's more positive than negative and definitely getting a purchase from me!

Thanks again friend :D.

i liked my time w/ Sacred 2, unfortunately i had to quit it early due to it running too horribly on my old pc. I think my new rig would chew it up tho, I've been hankering to play it. Thanks for reminding me ='.'=

As for tips - I'll let you know in a couple days!

Back
Top Bottom