Telepath Tactics - Update #11, Last Days

Dhruin

SasqWatch
There's a new Telepath Tactics update as their Kickstarter campaign hits three days remaining ($13.5k/$25k). The demo has been updated with new features and Sinister Design promises a bonus mystery campaign as they try to achieve success:
As a sort of Christmas present to you all, I've gone ahead and updated the demo again, this time with requested features such as edge-of-screen panning (which you can turn on using the Options menu), a right-clickable Rotate button, and the ability to cycle back and forth through available characters using the mouse wheel.
Now, you've probably noticed that we're fast approaching the moment of truth for Telepath Tactics. I did a few quick calculations, and it turns out that we can meet the funding goal if 500 of us each contribute just an extra $25.
To that end, here's a quick reminder: if the campaign succeeds and you backed at or above the $25 level, you are guaranteed a DRM-free copy of the game from the moment the campaign ends, continuous updates throughout the game's development, and a free Steam key whenever the game's Greenlight campaign succeeds. Add $9 to that, and you're guaranteed a second copy of the game to do with as you please! Just something to keep in mind if you're a $10 backer.
More information.

It doesn't look like this is going to make it. So what went wrong? My suspicion is that the description calls this an RPG but the pitch is entirely focused on the combat system. There's no description of the campaign setting or any mention of a plot. It basically just sounds like an unusual battle simulation; a wargame, if you will. It's a simple grid battlefield; not even a hex map. The name of the game, and the plain cover graphics, only reinforce that impression.

The plot is still being fleshed out; and besides, the game is still in alpha. It's kind of hard to really show much of what's there without more assets, and I'm not too keen on the idea of sticking a wall o' text in the pitch video.

If you're curious, you can read more about the world, basic plot premise and characters in Updates 1 and 3. ;)

I think part of the problem is bad timing since everyone already spent most of their money on the holidays so they don't have much to spend on Kickstarters.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom