RPGWatch Feature - Blade of Destiny HD Review

Well, let's just wait when (or if) there is a second part.
Now we are warned and everyone who bought the first and buys the second part at release has only to blame himself.

To convice me they would have to start right with the intro and make a completely new one. :p
Luckily that's not a problem with the second game. The Startrail intro wasn't even good in the original.

Well, you call a boy "bad" once, twice and thrice…and if the boy changes his behaviour in a positive way, you should acknowledge it. But if you keep saying "bad", it is not discouraging that kind of behaviour, it is just legitimizing the behaviour or making the boy insolent.

I'd rather like to see people who are learning from their experiences and amending for their mistakes, instead those who do same mistakes in their all games but get awarded by GotY.

BRAVO
:highfive:

Yes, this game is much better then skyrim. heh, you guys are out to lunch.

Nobody mentioned hate for Bethesda. Elder Scrolls games has been always buggy but I liked them, till they started to dumb down the game in Oblivion which reached to its pinnacle in Skyrim. There is no irrationality or any strong emotion such as hate within my words against Bethesda. They did good games and bad games. And Skyrim is a bad game from RPG perspective. While I could argue in detailed form, it is not the place for it.

Back to topic:

@Kordanor: Actually current intro is not actually a video or real intro. It is just a camera walking over some crafted world segment in the engine with a bad narrative. But as far as I follow the official forums, there are thoughts on it to change.

And to see advancements you will not have to wait that long…considering they did/are still revamping several places of the game nonstop. And they are really working hard. One of the highlights of the next patch is NPC models and new User Interface for example.

And honestly? I'd rather not desert efforts for a Blade of Destiny in favor of an imaginary Star Trail. Their test is here and they should add good things now. In a few years nobody will remember the shitstorms. But the game will find its place as an old-school remake with full features of the original and many fine additions to it. Those who value solid RPG elements will eventually find it, play it and enjoy it, even if they have been very biased against it 2 years before. In the end, there are many people who enjoys the game even right now. So, as long as developers keep on like they used to last few months, the story is bound to end with a "good" ending.

The bugs sound MUCH more serious than Skyrim, but the hate for Bethesda can be irrational sometimes…
Anyone comparing the state of this game at release to the state of Skyrim at release is living in a complete dream world, there is no comparison, this game should never even have been released. And I say that as someone who generally despises Bethesda and what they've done to both the RPG genre and the Fallout franchise.

I say that as someone who generally despises Bethesda and what they've done to both the RPG genre and the Fallout franchise.

So you despise Bethesda for being one of the few companies that develops open-world RPGs and for resurrecting a dead franchise that otherwise would probably still be dead?
Hmm..ok. :)

No. For making dumbed-down, level-scaled, console'ized games that have changed the RPG industry itself...for the worse.

If I think Bethesda is responsible for the way their own games turned out, I'm naive? Hilarious.

It was probably Obama responsible, right?

Right, "that have changed the RPG industry..." is just an extra phrase in that sentence giving additional info. It's pretty clear in there what my real problem with them is. But you seem slow, so here's a hint for you: "For making dumbed-down, level-scaled, console'ized games".

Right on. I'm glad RPGWatch can still always count on you to troll anyone who speaks ill of your beloved Bethesda and their wonderful console games.

Right on. I'm glad RPGWatch can still always count on you to troll anyone who speaks ill of your beloved Bethesda and their wonderful console games.

Actually, I rarely defend Bethesda in such a way. Perhaps you could dig up an example?

Otherwise, you can continue to make a fool of yourself if you choose, or perhaps we can just allow the thread to go back on course?

No. For making dumbed-down, level-scaled, console'ized games that have changed the RPG industry itself…for the worse.

Funny, they haven't done any worse then say the Witcher franchise that has dumbed down character creation and leveling. Or drakensang that took the TDE ruleset to the NWN style gameplay. I don't think every decision they made was great, the level scaling in oblivion was obviously way off, but I don't think they did bad in Skyrim. This and the sister site rpg codex would be the only sites that think it was a horrible game then.

And to top it off arguing how bad skyrim is in a thread about a game that was so broken that it still isn't close to being right months later and to boot it's a copy of the original, seems incredibly stupid.

Back
Top Bottom