What if - PB kickstarted G5?

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Would you pledge?

I'm afraid I'd toss everything I can if G5 was kickstarted. Luckily it's not available, so I still have my good old beermoney. :)

^ What was G3's development cost(not including advertising or distribution)?

Are the same developers from the G1 and G2 era still there?

Peanut Butter at an economic summit or a government job rating? Some context in this thread would help.

But I don't think kickstarter can provide enough funding for game of G3 scale.

But do most Gothic fans want another gothic game on G3's scale? I personally enjoyed Gothics 1 & 2 much more than G3, and both of those games were on a substantially smaller scale compared with G3. I'd say a game on scale with G2+NotR is 'Kickstarter Doable.'

But do most Gothic fans want another gothic game on G3's scale? I personally enjoyed Gothics 1 & 2 much more than G3, and both of those games were on a substantially smaller scale compared with G3. I'd say a game on scale with G2+NotR is 'Kickstarter Doable.'

First risen is game similar in scale to G1 and G2(well more to G1) and with similar gameplay to whole gothic series so we already got 1 successor to those I would so really like game of G3 scale.

Pretty much the same feeling. A smaller world but denser of content, just like the first two games. Just remember to give proper behavior to enemies this time, I really don't want to see scripted wolves stronger than dragons ever again. Understood Pyranha?

Hey, if I put $15 into Shaker, I'd put $15 into Gothic 5.

edit: Since I just pulled out of Shaker, I'd put $30 into G5.

Last edited:
Better idea:

Why not kickstartarting a Gothic 1 remake?

I would love to play a modern Gothic 1.

First risen is game similar in scale to G1 and G2(well more to G1) and with similar gameplay to whole gothic series so we already got 1 successor to those I would so really like game of G3 scale.

I too enjoyed Gothic 3. But not as much as Gothic 2 NotR. If Gothic 3's content had been 'dense' enough to fill the world of Gothic 3 appropriatley, then perhaps G3 could have been on par with G2 NotR. But G3's content just didn't adequetley fill ghe gamespace imho.

I did enjoy Risen 1 (ran out of steam pretty quickly with Risen 2 with only putting in like 10 hours into that game… I just didn't like it much) which had a lot of the hallmarks of the Gothic series. But I'd really like to return to the world and lore of Gothic which I think is much better than Risen's somewhat disjointed canon (admittedly, I have to utterly erase the events of Gothic 4 Arkania).

Better idea:

Now we're talking! This would reduce costs significantly I'd assume; you'd have your level designs, dialog, story, etc all sorted.

But they'd f*ck it up somehow I'm sure. No way they'd resist the urge to overhaul the combat for example, and that's one of the things I love about G1 & 2.

I just talked myself out of the idea.

I think they're well suited for a KS model - but I'd have to see specifics first. Also, I don't really care if it's Risen, Gothic or a new IP. Just as long as it's got the PB paradigm down.

Better idea:

PB doesn't want to make a Gothic remake.

I would not.
I would especially not support a sequel in a series that's been going downhill for years. And no, I don't care that it's not their fault - once it starts going down it's a sign that they should get what they learned from it and move on to something fresh that, due to the experience of its creators and the fact that it'd be liberated from the need to make up for any bad moments, live up to any good moments and to generally be directly compared with previous works, could potentially be even better. (And yes, I liked Risen a lot -the 1st, I haven't played the 2nd yet-, though it was certainly far from the most ideal example of doing something different.)

I would also not fund any more games that attempt to recreate older glories. Crowdfunding provides a great opportunity for developers to unleash their creativity and show us their true abilities by taking risks, exploring outside their safety zone and pushing the medium forward without restraints and without facing dire consequences for even trying. If they intent not to take risks and play it safe by repeating what has worked well in the past for them then I will not take any risks either, I will play it safe and repeat what has worked well in the past for me: wait for reviews and price drops.

-

Also what Lucky Day said.

I asked this question from Mr. Björn Pankratz ( Project director and designer at PB ) and this was his answer:
2lnbqmr.jpg

It looks like they don't have any serious considerations right now.

Frozen, you opened the pandora box. A bug in the ear you planted will do the trick.
I can't thank you enough. And I bet now we'll see G5 sooner than expected.

Frozen, you opened the pandora box. A bug in the ear you planted will do the trick. ...

Not really. The guys at WoG / WoR asked them again and again about Kickstarter and a Gothic remake. They don't want the latter and haven't found the right use for the former (yet).

Back
Top Bottom