South Park - Preview @ Venturebeat

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Venturebeat previews the soon to released South Park: The Stick of Truth about the Jew class. Apparently the Jew class is a cleric you play in-game.

I expected more off-color jokes as a Jew, and if what I saw during the preview is representative of the full game, playing one is full of laughs and not particularly offensive. No Jew gold around my neck. No Moses-as-MCP Cone. You sometimes hear faint echoes of “Jews, Jews are lame” in the background (a line from the South Park Christmas Special’s Hanukkuh song). But I didn’t see anything that pushed the edge of decency.

The Jew, says Ubisoft rep Jon Miller, is essentially South Park’s cleric class. So it — and the Jewish humor the cartoon’s known for — could draw a lot of players; a lot of role-playing fans enjoy the mix of combat and healing powers that come with priest classes. And I wouldn’t be surprised if they, too, find the Jew to be pretty innocuous overall.

And this is stunning. South Park is known for its offensiveness — Ubisoft’s even censoring scenes featuring abortions and anal probes for some overseas markets. But when it comes to the Jew, I didn’t see anything that I would consider offensive at all. It may come later in the game.
More information.

"But when it comes to the Jew, I didn’t see anything that I would consider offensive at all. It may come later in the game."

Or, you know, perhaps you're an adult that knows how to take life less seriously, and also recognize a joke, meant in fun, with no malicious intent. I have to believe adults like that are still out there, somewhere.

"But when it comes to the Jew, I didn’t see anything that I would consider offensive at all. It may come later in the game."

Or, you know, perhaps you're an adult that knows how to take life less seriously, and also recognize a joke, meant in fun, with no malicious intent. I have to believe adults like that are still out there, somewhere.
Good luck finding one I heard they are almost extinct nowadays. I'm shocked no one was offended by this post shocked I say. Now on to posting today news-bits.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom