Gothic 3 If you can chang one thing in G3, what would it be

mudsling3

Sentinel
Don't complain but make changes, in your imagination at the least.

I would like the first round of Arena fighting take place on the ship in the beginning. (I love that ship in G2!) Imagine as the ship approaching the mainland, Diego being the oldest and wisest would say to his friends,"We have been at sea for far too long sleeping and drinking, my hands are getting a bit rusty. What don't we go a few rounds against each other..." That would have been a nice introduction to the new fighting system. D*mn, I hope PB would add that ship back somehow.

I think the combat. Even though it's good, I think it should have been better. There's no feeling of impact when your weapon strikes something.

If I could change something graphic-wise, it would be the water.

I really hate how the ocean looks good for a few yards out and then turns into a murky grey soup. I'm still trying to figure out how to extend the range for the high-texture water by altering the ini. file. If anyone knows, please tell me.

Id change animals being able to leap out of cave walls from behind you and attack!!

Combat-Balancing need to be improved:

Orcs and Men are too weak - hitpoints should be increased

The "only one attaks you" is unrealistic - remove this (at least on the "Hard" setting).

Some animals are unbalanced, too -> Bloodfly is harder to kill than
a dragon for example.

Also want to add that the way monsters instantly regenerate all of their hit points as soon as they get a certain distance from you is ridiculous.

The Devs were able to build an entire world that streams into memory, but they couldn't program it to remember how much damage you did to an enemy 2 minutes earlier?!?

lockpicking!

It just doesn't feel rewarding. you either open the lock or you can't. Then again i don't wish to see an other stupid minigame ala oblivion.. Old gothic 1&2 way was the best. :)

I would change the way people in cities react to their "savior", some of them are simply rude and it just doesn't fit - I was expecting the saved cities to at least offer a few quests or gifts as gratitude. He should at the very least be praised by the people.

I'd make it possible to give your NPC followers basic commands, like "wait here", "fight this", "run for your life" and "follow me".

Since lockpicking was already mentioned by Dez, I'll goo for the 'climbing' thing. I really miss it to climb on roofs and many other things.

@HWF Long time no see for me, so I say a warm 'hello' to you. I do have a question -> What should be the title for you if this is what bugs you?

I would like to see NPC reacting to your stats, appearance.
For example when entering the Hammerclan with 300 ancient knowledge, 100 strength and 450 mana, while wearing a Firerobe people would say (before starting the actual conversation about quests and other stuff) "Welcome Mage of Innos".

Hey there are some execellent ideas here, plus the name change is nice and Snarky. ;)

Well I would actually go with the Aiming System.
While Gothic games are brilliant in many ways, the Aiming System could possibly be the worst ever on a PC game and biggest flaw since it has been broken for 3 games now. :(

Not having a crosshair or some sort of cursor allowing us to aim at Who and What we want when we want is crimminal.
Admitily the Lockon has helped but being forced to struggle So damn much just to aim or pick up objects really hurts the flow of the game.

When such big battles are necessary, esspecially if you play good character trying to save as many slaves as possible, to go running into battle only to be Locked On to a Freindly and desperatly trying to aim your Fireball at an enemy is quite painful to be forced to constantly run in circles to get the damn Aiming Systen to even work.

I would do away with the random item system. Random items have no place in games, they only exist to cover bad design/laziness.

I would do away with the random item system. Random items have no place in games, they only exist to cover bad design/laziness.

Do you want to fill all the chests in Gothic 3 MANUALLY? That's not laziness, that's efficiency.

Do you want to fill all the chests in Gothic 3 MANUALLY? That's not laziness, that's efficiency.

Heh, have you spent an hour clearing out a bandit cave and got 1 healing potion and 2 apples as the reward? Have you played wizardry 8 and missed out on getting the murmasa sword because you were "unlucky"?

I could have populated every single chest in a single days work and the NPC's and merchants in another day. If it would have really taken "too long" they should have made it smaller with more detail, rather than a large sprawling world with no heart.

The random chests I suppose I could live with but when you couple it with the merchants with random inventories it does peeve me off quite a bit.

They can still do it automatically (randomly) before they build the game and ship it to end-users. From our perspective, the items would be static then.

That would have been better. At least it would stop the reloading to get better loot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom