Space Rangers 2 - Wow

Thanks, Dhruin. That certainly helps. The training drone killed me, so clearly I need to spend a little time with the manual and collect a few pointers.

I bought this game, it comes in the mail on Dec 6th (I'm in the US). Woot!

I've got plans to get serious with it soon. Perhaps we'll be able to compare notes, although as I remember you fly thru games far faster than I ever could.

I remember reading a review of this game (can't remember where though) about 2 years ago. That review left me scrambling and running around looking for the game since there was no US version at that time. But I found a copy over at Fry's Electronics, just two weeks before my finals, which caused a significant drop on all of my grades. It was awesome.

Might have been one we wrote when we were all part of the Dot!! Welcome to the Watch!!

On disk, it's a Starforce title. That's your woes. The digital download is non-Starforce. I haven't looked to see if there's a Starforce removal tool now that the game is in the bargain bin.

This really blows. I picked up the game off Ebay for five bucks. Now I know why it was so cheap. I want to play this game but I am really hesitant to install it now.

We don't allow piracy discussions here but the solution is fairly simple. If you apply the no-CD crack after installation but *before* starting the game for the first time, Starforce doesn't get applied.

I've just noticed that for whatever reason Space Rangers (any version) vanished from both Steam and GamersGate?!

Anyone knows anything about this?

I've just noticed that for whatever reason Space Rangers (any version) vanished from both Steam and GamersGate?!

Anyone knows anything about this?

It was also removed from GOG about a month ago. My guess is that 1C Company had the old versions removed in preparation for the release of the HD remake.

That's odd, they didn't remove older versions when reboot got released, but it is a possible reason.
Okay, I guess I'll grab the HD version when it gets released.

Back
Top Bottom