Cosmic Star Heroine - Update #3, Linux Support

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Zeboyd Games has posted a new update forCosmic Star Heroinewith news about Linux support, game rewards after Kickstarter, and LV-Up system ideas.

We're happy to announce that Cosmic Star Heroine will be coming out for Linux! We'll work out the details over the coming months but for now, know that if you pick the Computer version of the game, you'll get a Linux version in addition to the Windows & Mac versions for both Steam and DRM-Free.

Several people have asked us about this so yes, the "Digital copies of our previous games on Steam & a digital copy of the complete soundtrack to Precipice of Darkness 4" rewards will be given out soon after the Kickstarter ends.

We've been asked how the LV-Up system in the game will work. With the LV-Up system, we have 3 main goals:

• Easy to understand.
  • Make each character feel unique.
  • Give the player freedom to customize characters.
More information.

90% of the way to succeeding and still no stretch goals. Maybe that's a good thing...

90% of the way to succeeding and still no stretch goals. Maybe that's a good thing…
The developer said they have no plans for stretch goals. They think stretch goals get in the way of development, and don't want to fall into a trap offering them.

The developer said they have no plans for stretch goals. They think stretch goals get in the way of development, and don't want to fall into a trap offering them.

It's difficult to know whether stretch goals make the slightest bit of difference. I know I haven't been particularly drawn in by any of them and there have been times when I felt let down by some of the added goals. But they can allow more frequent news updates, so they have some publicity value.

I wish stretch goals were done differently, like, allowing you to choose one or something. Many times I'm interested in stretch goal $100K but not in $50K or $75K, so instead each stretch would be independent of each other, and those people want the most would be reached.

Back
Top Bottom