Blackguards - Character Class Selection

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Daedalic Entertainment has released a new five minute video that gives a look at how character class selection works.

To make your start into the game just as smooth as sliding into a new year, we have prepared a series of video guides for you. In every video we will show and explain a special aspect of the game and its rules and give some helpful advice.
More information.

I wonder when they will release a patch so that you can create your own avatar.

Hasn't there been the information that in the final release you will be able to create your own chars from scratch instead of selecting archetypes?

I think they pretty much said that toward the end of the video.

"How you can fully customize your character fully right from the beginning will be the topic of our second Blackguards video guide…"

So I assume the next time they post a video we'll know more about it.

There will be a proper character creation, but I believe they've said it won't be in the final release. It will be patched shortly after.

Thanks guys. :)

I think I'll wait until this patch then. Still have some time to spend with Baldur's Gate and Consortium afterwards.

so did anyone play it yet? its on early access.
it looks like the current version of SSI's old school AD&D. but there is a silly diablo like skill tree.

I've played all 4 chapters released yet.

It's not one big skill tree.

You have many mini trees :)

The skill and stat system is entertaining IMHO. You can't learn everything.
You have to make choices, how to develop your chars.

so did anyone play it yet? its on early access.
it looks like the current version of SSI's old school AD&D. but there is a silly diablo like skill tree.

Impressions were posted by several members in a couple of threads.

Blackguards has nothing in common with Diablo. Nothing.

I love the skill system in Blackguards. You have several different trees. One for weapons, one for skills and one for perks. It is like skilling ddifferent aspects of the gameplay with every character. If you have a mage you won't skill any weapon masteries for example. I really love the weapon mastery tree. You can decide for each weapon if you want to use it offensive or defensive. This brings a lotta depth into the tactical aspects of character creation. I LOVE IT!!!

Back
Top Bottom