RPGWatch - 2009 Game of the Year Voting

To me voice-overs are one of the least important features in a game. I read the subtitles faster than the NPCs speak. I'd rather they spent the resources on more important things like story, choices and such.

EDIT: I see that Luckycarbon already made almost the same points, so no real information here - except the fact that I agree with him.

I will read the entire thread before replying.

Not always the best idea ;).

Depends on how long the thread is.

And of those who always want to have the "Last Word".

Benedict,

Seriously, did you even look at your post? The second quote has nothing to do with the first. It's an epic fail on your part, but I'd be happy to continue the discussion in another thread. Just shoot me a pm if you're interested. :)

Sigh :(

They do. The first quote said that some things were "a step backwards" in DA (you then listed these things including more races / classes). I.e. "more races / classes = better game" under any normal reading of your words. The second quote (after a long and painful attempt on my part to find out what's better about those aspects) said "Well I'm not even claiming the additional races/classes made it "better", i.e. a total self contradictory backpedal.

Anyway, don't know why I got involved again, I think seeing Mike express a similar response to you made me think it might vaguely be worth adding my voice to his, but there really is no point engaging with you.

Sigh :(

They do. The first quote said that some things were "a step backwards" in DA (you then listed these things including more races / classes). I.e. "more races / classes = better game" under any normal reading of your words. The second quote (after a long and painful attempt on my part to find out what's better about those aspects) said "Well I'm not even claiming the additional races/classes made it "better", i.e. a total self contradictory backpedal.

Anyway, don't know why I got involved again, I think seeing Mike express a similar response to you made me think it might vaguely be worth adding my voice to his, but there really is no point engaging with you.

Wow…

That's really all I can say at this point. What part about "in a different thread" did you not understand? I mean seriously, how many times do I have to try to end this? Are you guys that determined to get this thread locked? I even offered for you send me a PM so we could discuss this. I guess it was naive of me to think that you might be mature enough to accept that offer. I didn't "backpeddle" anything, and at this point I just have to blunt and say that only a complete and utter moron would fail to see what I was trying to say. Either that or someone who is intentionally trying to create a flame war, which is something that I have zero interest in. No, the fact is that there's no point in engaging with *you*. Either way, my previous offer still stands. You can either take me up on it, or continue flooding this thread with garbage until it gets locked, as it almost seems you're determined to do.

Last edited:
JDR, you can take the discussion to another thread or PMs by yourself. You don't have to wait for the other guy to go first.

JDR, you can take the discussion to another thread or PMs by yourself. You don't have to wait for the other guy to go first.

Yeah, I just didn't think such a thing would be necessary, I guess I was wrong. I don't understand why some people insist on beating a dead horse like that. When someone declines multiple offers to end the discussion, or take it elswhere, it becomes obvious that they're just seeking to fan the flames at that point.

*Edit* Any further replies on that particular topic can go ——> HERE!

Last edited:
To hell with it,I've voted for Dragon Age as the best game in 2009 with Risen being second,and the only game I'm looking forward to is Fallout:New Vegas.But unless it's vastly different from Oblivion 2 it'll simply suck.
I expect nothing from Alpha Protocol as Shooter RPGs don't really work for me.
Drakensang: The River of Time may prove to be very interesting as I've never gotten into the original.
Two Worlds,ArcaniA,Venetica are all in the wait and see but don't expect much category.

So, where can I find the results??? Did I miss something?

They will be announced next week

Back
Top Bottom