Original Sin - Kickstarter Launched

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
A Kickstarter has been launched for Divinity: Original Sin. This is a Kickstarter for a game that will be released anyway, so why take this step you might wonder. They have some very valid reasons for this. The main one being that they are making a good game with the funds they have, but with additional funds they can turn it into an even better game. These are some of the details on their motiviations for starting this Kickstarter:
At the end of 2010, in no small part thanks to the success of the previous Divinity games, we finally earned sufficient money to start working on our brainchild on our own, and we decided to become a self-publishing studio.
Fast-forward two years (big RPGs take time to make). Today we are nearing the end of our development cycle and when we look at what we've created so far, we think that we have in our hands the best RPG Larian Studios has ever created. But, we also have the feeling that our job isn't done yet. The game systems we put in place have a lot of potential and because it took us quite some time to create them, we haven't been able to use them to their fullest yet.
That's why we're looking to increase the size of our development team. And because our budget is finite, we decided to come to Kickstarter to ask for your help.
We want to increase the development budget so we can increase the size of our development team. This in turn will allow us to further increase the amount of gameplay present in our game world. We are convinced that we are very close to making a great RPG and we want to rise to the occasion by investing everything we can into it. So far the game has been funded by investors and by our own funds, but we have reached the limit of what we can do on our own. Here's where your help becomes very valuable. Here's where you can make the difference.
Without your support, we think that the result of our efforts will make for a good RPG, but with a bigger budget we'll be able to go the extra mile, and accomplish our full vision for the game, as fantastic as it deserves to be.
You can also check out our articles on Divinity; Original Sin here and here.
More information.

Last edited:
Same here. I pledged just because I want them to make this game even better.

I'm in. Larian is one of the best studios around. I have no problem with backing them.

the first divinity brought very fond memories of ultima. i'm in.

I'm in!
$65 - pledge for both brains and boobs... um... :blush:
For both Original Sin and Dragon Commander.

I started at $40 for two copies, but I am thinking about opting for the $65 tier to snag Dragon Commander too…I'm a sucker for more games through Kickstarter.

Don't start talking about that. First I was afraid I've became a Steam hoarder, and now I'm afraid I've became a Kickstarter junkie. That or those games they kickstart are simply something you can't buy in stores anymore.

I was suckered into the $165 tier for Project Eternity just because it came with a copy of Wasteland 2 (even though I had already purchased three copies of it) and the PE expansion…

Instapledge!

Don't even need to think about this. Backed!

Whenever I back a kickstarter I always imagine a publisher being booted out the door. Brings warmth and love into my heart.

I have no problem with this. As they said the extra money will make the game better.This is just another way kickstarter can be used. It's good for independent studious.

Not to be a downer, but, really? I am getting Kickstarter fatigue, even though Larian is one of the best deserving of the bunch.

EDIT: Backed for $65 in a box. I am so weak. ;)

I'm a backer as well. Went for the box at $95. I love boxes and cloth maps :) The game does look quite fun and the guys at Larian are both passionate and talented people.

Pledged 65 to get both Original Sin and Dragon Commander. Larian deserves all the support they can get.

Back
Top Bottom