error if I want to play

titus

Substitute Shinigami
Original Sin 2 Donor
I just installed diablo 2 but everytime if I try to start it I get an error:
unhandeled exception:
acces violation(c0000005)

I tried to delete the game and reinstall it. Does anyone know how I can fix that?

I had a problem with it not wanting to play from the desktop icon so I just stuck in the disc first and start playing from the popup. Not sure if that is your issue.

That's similar to the error I get whenever I try to run Gothic 2 on my Dual Core Xp64 system!!

thanx a lot for the link and the advice, tried a few thing and only after that didn't work I thought about pathcing, and now it works :p foolish me

titus it might be better for your social life if you hadn't figured it out. ;) Hope you have as many millions of fun hours on the game as I did--my last char was a Frenzy Barb--sheer raw power!:devil:

Isn't there a rumour about a diablo 3?
At the time diablo 2 came out, I wasn't into RP at all. I hated the iso view (and still do a bit for RP, not for strategy) and I never have purchased it. Perhaps I should, like Titus did now. With this thread I will also be warned to patch first.

well I don't know, i like to play it it now and then, and after a time I get bored with it.
But that is probably because it is a hack and slash, as you can enjoy that I would say, buy it even though it is "old"
I have it already for a long time but restarted just to play something different

It is definitely a hack n slash--the only RP aspect is making different characters with different skillsets(-or builds-)and finding cool equipment. The original Diablo(1) is often called a rogue-like; Diablo2 is the ancestor of all the clickfest games--but I find it addictive.The folks at this site do too:

All things Diablo

If you ever want to know how to make a character build that will beat the game, it's there, plus all the runes and equipment sets and so forth. I have printouts by the score filed away :)

The game is still fun whether you go that deeply into it or not--just don't expect a real rpg. Historically, since it has influenced--almost created--a whole sub-genre of games--it's interesting to see the original and how well it still works despite very primitive graphics and simple interface etc.

As far as Diablo 3--Blizzard has put it off a long time, but it may turn up someday. I wouldn't be surprised to see it as primarily an MMORPG from them at this point.

I would say it's Dungeon Siege's father :D
I do prefer DII than DS, better skill trees and the story is more compelling, the first time I saw the movies I was really into the story.
Dungeon Siege is a nice game, bit I won't recommend it to anyone, I would recommend Diablo II to any H&S fan though. (DII was actually the game that brought me to RPGs, I had never played anything close to RPGs before DII)

to me the first thing close to an rpg was Diablo, and since then I am hooked on. Next thing that got me hooked was gothic :D

Back
Top Bottom