Risen You are one sick son of a b*tch

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch
"You are one sick son of a b*tch"

that's what my gf told me when she woke up at 2AM to find me on the couch playing Risen. I said "honey its Risen". So her comment might sound sorta harsh but perhaps I erred in judgment when I played in bed the previous night until 1:30AM. I would have gotten away with it too if it werent for that meddling cat waking her up. :mad:

Haha, the other day my wife threaten to hide the Risen DVD :)

when I played in bed the previous night until 1:30AM

Played in bed… you've got to teach me how to do that.. without waking your second half up?? how the heck did you manage that ??? I would assume a laptop with headphones.. but the pressing of a key or mouse still makes some sound… and how to be rid of the light from the LCD screen???

I can only play DS / PSP / Netbook in bed. I had plenty of late night Risen time ... including some replay with a new game last night to wash the bad taste of 'Dreamkiller' out of my brain ...

Played in bed… you've got to teach me how to do that.. without waking your second half up?? how the heck did you manage that ??? I would assume a laptop with headphones.. but the pressing of a key or mouse still makes some sound… and how to be rid of the light from the LCD screen???

Cheap laptop cushion with a plastic hardtop. The lights were on, no headphones but low volume, lots of clicking noises I suspect but she is a deep sleeper. It is only because the cat jumped up on the bed and started walking on her that she stirred. Last night the cat was fidgeting at her feet on the couch which woke her up. Cat cat cat! >:O

When a marriage it's all about you and your game, and not about you and your wife, there would be problem i guess… Well, who say life is easy eh?

I got lucky, my girl's all into gaming too, sometimes she even outlasts me!

Hope she didn't disturb your sleep then ;)

We haven't got any problem with my wife about gaming. She is also a gamer, but she is more of a console gamer. So I play Risen on my gaming PC while she is playing Resident Evil 5 on Xbox 360. When our gaming sessions are over, we watch TV or movies together.

Cheap laptop cushion with a plastic hardtop. The lights were on, no headphones but low volume, lots of clicking noises I suspect but she is a deep sleeper. It is only because the cat jumped up on the bed and started walking on her that she stirred. Last night the cat was fidgeting at her feet on the couch which woke her up. Cat cat cat! >:O

Heh, tell me about it . . . for me I tend to wake up earlier and try to fit in a bit of play time but the minute anyone wakes up one of the cats wakes up and starts screaming his head off until he's allowed into the bedroom and under the duvet.

it's strange, i can barely drag myself out of bed on the weekdays, but on the weekends i spring out of bed at 6am (sometimes sooner) to get going on a game!

When I game into the early morning hours, I still remain at my desk (comfy chair :biggrin: ) in a seperate room in the house. I just turn the sound down or use earphones.

The room has an en suite bathroom, so I sometimes have people walking through to use the bathroom, while I'm there plugging away. I sometimes look up in time to see the expression of disgust, rolling eyes and headshaking before I look back at my screen again...

Now. Why did nature not decree that gaming guys and gaming gals should find one another in this world? I have such a couple amongst my friends, :cool: and the only fights they end up having, is who gets to use the PC and who who gets to use whichever console, but these little disputes are rare and far between.. :beam:

really need to go where the geeks are... unfortunately a lot of times that's in their own gaming chair. Unless you break and enter you'll never meet.

I found my main squeeze online, that way at least you know there's a chance theyre computer savvy - an inroad to gaming!

Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
It is only because the cat jumped up on the bed and started walking on her that she stirred. Last night the cat was fidgeting at her feet on the couch which woke her up. Cat cat cat!

I have a possibe cure for your problem:-
Take photo of cat
Place cat in front of document shredder
Pass photo through shredder
If cat doesn't get message, pass cat through shredder :)

Heh- now I'm suddenly curious...- do you guys also dream about the game you were busy playing before you went to sleep?

I do all the time. I especially remember vivid dreams about FO3 and DAO. My dreams about Risen weren't really memorable actually, and strangely neither was The Witcher.

Back
Top Bottom