Sacred 2 - Preview @ IGN

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Sacred 2 has been previewed at IGN. It's a short and fairly generic article that could almost apply to any action/RPG:
As you might expect from a game in this genre, Sacred 2 offers plenty of weaponry and items to pick up along your adventures, and even goes so far as to include mounts to speed your travel across Ancaria. We've seen a few environments in the game, including combat around a river bed, in fields of swaying grass, surrounding pastoral cottages and inside dank caves where campfires and other light sources produce some impressive visual effects.
More information.

The sad thing is that none of the original classes, save the Seraphim, are returning ...

Boorrring.

Another blah action RPG. Nothing unique.

I second. (Ducks for arrow.)
Seriously I tried twice to go through Sacred (with different characters) but the quantity of monsters they throw at you is just too much. I hope they at least relent a bit on the spawning monsters.

WhAT??

Say it isnt so! The beloved Wood Elf is no more?

Probably there would be another Elf that fills in the same role, maybe not Wood, but a Wild Elf as to be a totally new character you know :) Besides, I never liked the Wood Elf of Sacred, of all the female characters she is the one that most looks like a prostitute

i really dont understand that comment, that's the second time ive heard that one. Shes the most fully-clothed one of all the female models. More of a faux-hooker than the Seraphim? Even the Vamp showed more cleavage. Whatever floats your boat tho, youre the female w/ female feelings, not me.

woodelf01.gif

Last edited:
It's not that she shows or not a lot of cleavage. However, the face ... I know that just a banding of pixels, but still she has the facial expression of a woman that has been in the "business" for years. Besides, both the vampire and seraphim have more legs that don't stretch all the way up to their tonsils, unlike the wood elf.

Hmmm ... I liked Sacred enough to get the expansion, and stuck with it through that ... I'll probably end up giving this one a try.

Cormac
"I hope they at least relent a bit on the spawning monsters."
Huge grip with me in any game, it's a cheap dev design tactic and it steals the sense of accoplishment from players of securing sections. towns or zones.

xSamhainx
"Even the Vamp showed more cleavage."
Hey now don't be talking trash about cleavage, homefries! :p

Arma
"It's not that she shows or not a lot of cleavage"
Uhuh, that’s right girlfriend, don't be letting him go on like that, it just aint right! :biggrin:

After I played the demo, I started messing around boosting the stats to have a little fun and every time I tried to do something talk, kill or buy my character just exploded.
Quite messy, which is why I wanted to try hitting something so hard to see it explode, err not me though. :)
Any I asked and turns out even in single player, there is some protection to prevent hacking your character, even though you can use cheats codes, duh!
They said there was a way to turn it off but I could never find out how and once I found out about respawning too I just avoided it. :(

It's now $9.99 for the gold version but just seems dumb not to let people play as they want, sort of like people at crytek making far cry, supposedly open approach with no ability to quick save, which means going exactly the way/where they want you to go, to get saves.
Until of course crytek was found cheating and using quick saves in dev functions by some players which were up to that point hidden from the public and never mentioned by the devs originally.
Mainly while all the fans were complaining about not having a quick save, there was one the devs could use anytime for themselves and still to this day never fully developed it for the fans. :asshats:

Anyway I would be interested in trying Sacred if there was a way to turn this function off but I just hate when devs make sanctimonious design decisions. :(

Anyway I would be interested in trying Sacred if there was a way to turn this function off but I just hate when devs make sanctimonious design decisions. :(

We could start a *long* discussion on the pros and cons of various save systems ...

txa1265
"pros and cons of various save systems "
I maybe confused but since you quoted the Sacred comment, it was in reference to turning off the anticheat on single player games.
The more I think about it even the biggest most popular games only prevent cheats on offical servers, so I have no clue why they do this.

I "do" very much like your idea for a topic about save games. :)

Hey btw, I just read the new preview for Sacred 2, which I am sure will be up here soon but this new preview says it's a year away from release.
Hopefully he is just confused.
http://www.armchairempire.com/Previews/PCGames/sacred-2-fallen-angel.htm

txa1265
"pros and cons of various save systems "
I maybe confused but since you quoted the Sacred comment, it was in reference to turning off the anticheat on single player games.
The more I think about it even the biggest most popular games only prevent cheats on offical servers, so I have no clue why they do this.

I "do" very much like your idea for a topic about save games. :)

Yeah - it was related to the Far Cry save hack, but what triggered my response was the "sanctimonious design decisions" comments - which tied into cheats and saves and such ...

Hey btw, I just read the new preview for Sacred 2, which I am sure will be up here soon but this new preview says it's a year away from release.
Hopefully he is just confused.
http://www.armchairempire.com/Previews/PCGames/sacred-2-fallen-angel.htm

I have posted many Armchair Empire previews over the years and my impression is most of their articles are simply based on repeating details from the 'net. I'd be surprised if he knew anything new.

That said, isn't the Euro release due late this year? If It's released in Oct in Germany, it wouldn't surprise me if the NA release ends up in 2008 -- but I haven't been following Sacred 2 that closely.

Ok that explains it, I am sure he could be confused.

Yeah, see that's what I though too early or late Fall and for some reason I thought they were going to try worldwide release since they were with Take 2.

Back
Top Bottom