Borderlands - Preview @ Hooked Gamers

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Self-described "role-playing shooter" Borderlands has been previewed at Hooked Gamers. Here's a sample:
One of Borderlands often discussed features is its ability to self-generate large numbers of unique weapons. Gearbox estimates that each time the game starts, it has the potential to generate over half a million unique weapons and a similar amount of different items and armor. Fortunately it will be fairly straightforward to figure out if a weapon is worth keeping or not. The various different attributes of each weapon are shown as stats as soon as you approach a weapon so you can quickly determine to pick it up, or leave it where it is.
More information.

Let's see, Diablo (the original) did this way back when and probably other games before it. And 99.99% of the random weapons generated are useless or not what you want so there being "over half a million unique weapons" is rather meaningless.

Except this is 3d first person with vehicles and it will have more variation in enviroments than hellgate (and no subs). I never liked isometric action games but 1st person yes.

Looks cool. Co-op FPS RPG sounds like great fun.

I love how Left4Dead does the 4 player, and adding RPG elements should make it a blast.

Yeah, I'm pretty excited about the co-op potential and hot-swapping between driver and shooter. That could be really fun if they do it right.

Back
Top Bottom