Skyrim Funniest thing you've seen

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
I just met one of the most selective dragons ever. I was in a rebel camp, when suddenly a dragon swoops down and attacks a horse. All the rebels starts pelting it with arrows, while it kills the poor thing. Then it just flew away. I started chasing after it, and it landed near a stable, where it decided to kill another horse. And again it flew away. I ended up chasing it a while longer, until a bear showed up, and the dragon attacked that. After that, the dragon turned hostile towards me, and we could have a proper fight.

I come across a hunter on horseback while crossing a high mountain pass. He says "I've seen all sorts of things in these mountains, and have lived through them all" or some such.

Then a dragon appears, and the hunter says

"Someone do something!" followed by
"I knew I shouldn't have come here"

And I'll be lucky to survive. ;)

I won't give spoilers, but just say it involves your helping the female dark elf student at the mage college. Hilarious.

OK, here is another bizarre one.

i snipe a bear from a pile of boulders where he can't reach me. He runs towards me, and gets distracted by an elk he decides to chase. After he's gone I jump down, and go back on the path in the opposite direction looking for my lost follower.

Suddenly the bear materializes, with 2 friends to squash me: a frost spider and a wolf! I kite/runaway, and do in the spider and wolf. And sure enough, when I follow the bear, he goes back to where we started.

I can't imagine that was intentional, but who knows?

I won't give spoilers, but just say it involves your helping the female dark elf student at the mage college. Hilarious.

We agreed to never speak of that again.

Yesterday I stumbled on three, three! snowy sabercats, each of which seemed capable of killing me and my companions in two or three hits. I don't know if that spawning point is slightly broken or if that was intentional, but in any case, they ran down a hill and leaped at me just as I used my Ice Form shout. Two of the beasties fell down just behind me, but then I saw one go sailing off and land on the next mountain, where it eventually thawed and started killing elk like nothing had happened. It certainly helped to split up the group long enough to take them out, but the image of a cat ice cube flying across the sky was pretty damn funny.

At one of the mines, I was battling this foresworn mage who was kicking my ass. Both from long range and from melee. Since I was surviving longer via melee I went with this. I had to beat this guy because his gang murdered all but 2 of the miners and he and his pals had to go down.

So I'm finally in battle where my life points weren't getting drained that fast. We were fighting in close quarters and I accidentally loaded my bow. While trying to change my weapon I somehow butted the mage with my bow into a large basket. The mage was stuck in the basket and couldn't move an inch. I then took out sword and proceeded to finish him off easily.

Most humourous thing I've seen/heard yet.....I'm fighting this dragon and we're really going toe to toe, I'm dodging and weaving to avoid his blasts, and he's dodging my arrows and making comments about how many mortals he's felled and how he's going to add me to his list, I hit stealth and get a critical shot on him that basically nails him for half his health or so, he looks at me with this pathetic look and says, "ouch". Hilarious! I mean, I was expecting at least a diatribe on my bowshot of awesomeness, and I get an ouch!??!?! -p

-Carn

Underwater Rabbit:

screenshot14pydaj.jpg

It wasn't necessarily the funniest thing I had seen, but it made me groan nevertheless.

When in my Markarth house, I placed a set of Dwemer armor on the dummy and one of those Centurion batteries (those things that emanate red fog) on the desk beside it. Suddenly my local housecarl called out at me-something to the effect of 'Hey, you left that thing lying around here. I guess you want to keep it, no?' … and passed me the battery! So much for trying to find a worthy place for the decorative thing when my housecarl is cleaning up the house after me!

Last edited:
Funny things I encountered:
I inadvertently "stole" a potion in a friend house. As opposed to call the guard, he just said "That's not yours", walked up to me and took it back. It was a potion of Haggle. For some reason, I found this funny.

I also find it funny when bandits and other NPCs try to attack passive wildlife. Mages being the funniest...

These guys (Bethesda) have dug deep into gaming lore.

I went into one city and one of the cart venders said:

"Do you want some vinison or muffin . . . of course you do"

these guys must have had a blast making this game.

Archery caught me off guard with how much fun it is this time around. Earlier today, I noticed a dragon attacking a giant outside of Whiterun. I shot it from afar and watched it crash to the ground. The giant hit it a couple times and finished it off, then did a quick victory dance to celebrate. A second later, my arrow pierce the weakened giant's skull, and it collapsed next to the dragon's corpse. I approach the dead bodies, absorb the dragon soul, then walk off like I had no part of it.

Not the funniest thing, but I loved it: the 'choose your own adventure'-type book for Nord boys.

The funniest things was also the weirdest for me : I was on the cobblestones road east of Whiterun, on the part where it's going down at a pretty step slope when I was bypassed by the fast sliding naked body of a dark elf alchemist. His corpse was like "bodysurfing" fast on the road. Apparently, someone had already robed him of his belongings too. Quite weird.

This fits into the odd physics category, but that seems to provide endless amusement. I was fighting a sabercat from the top of a cliff. I leapt down to face it, while Lydia, naturally, decided to run the long way around. For some reason the beastie decided to target her, so it ran off to find a way up the cliff. As I reached the ground, I turned to see my faithful, if stupid, follower swing her axe just as the beast leaped up at her. Since I'd already mostly killed it with my supreme blastyness, that one hit killed it, and the saber cat pinwheeled far off through space into the distance like it was some twisted version of baseball. The funny part was the way it instantly went into the classic stiff dead cat pose and held it for the entire time it was spinning through the air. All it needed was the classic hurt cat sound from Young Frankenstein.

I had a quest to rescue this guy who'd been captured by the Thalmar, I went single-handedly through a castle killing all of them to rescue them, I find him and get him outside, once there he see a corpse of one of the Thalmar possibly one of the people who had been torturing him, he stares at the corpse and says,

"I WILL FIND WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS"

Er it was me saving your life?

Daniel.

Back
Top Bottom