DA:O Dragon Age: Silliness

Dragon Age: Origins
ROFL ROFL More Shale: "May I ask the elder mage a question?"

Wynne: "Must you always refer to me according to my age?"

Shale: "Well, then : mage past her time; - don't mind the saggy bits, may I ask a question?" :XD:

Well, here is something that happen to me.. I was on a quest in Brecilian Forest, some evil mages had kept up their neighbour, whit loud music, yelling, demonic sacrifice, you know the deal. As I was going through the forest, whit my merry band of follows, I was seeing a group of elf, looking like they had seen to many dragon age trailers (the bad ones), doing the happy dance around a alter, obvious high on deep mushrooms.

So I decided to talk to the Mary Manson clones, before I gutted them (in fact the game left me whiteout no much choice!), their leader then explained that he intended to send me off the planet, by putting a fireball up in my ass! (not his exact word, but you get the point). It’s was here it begun to go very, very bad! To my big surprise, was my comrade of arms, decided to engage in a big group hug just behind my back?!? (normal they bitch at each other all day long), before I could act, me and the huggers was court in a Cone of Cold, followed a few second later by two Fireballs… on the plus side, the lonely survivor was not frozen anymore, not because that did him much good.

Thanks god fore the load function, so a little later we approached the mages again, this time I thought, lets try to use a little tactic, so I placed my follows scattered out in tactical places and I went over to talk the freaks, cursing the game on my way fore not let me break up their party, whit a few long distance spells. I got the usual speech, and the fight begun… To my even bigger surprise, yet again my follows was suddenly standing behind my back, and did the hug thing?!?!?? Only some quick reflex from my side, prevented another disaster, soon there after the mages laid dead and looted, and I headed out to find a cliff, I could throw my follows out from…

(Sorry fore the gramma, are Danish)

The above story, is why I always put my "hold" function on in advance when I suspect that any hostilities are going to take place.

...and if it will make you feel any better Phonix, I've had Wynne kill my entire party, including herself, with a fireball before..

They still cluster behind you - Bioware isn't going to allow any sneaky "I saw what happened in my last play-through so I'm going to stand behind the ambush source" tactics. I don't know what's with the group hug thing, though they do often run in odd directions.

I managed to catch the superman reference on video: http://www.wegame.com/watch/dragon-age-kal-el/

Here's a good one…

My Dog found this book at Sulcher's Pass

Funny.jpg

Day: 42 I begin to suspect that we are being manipulated, as if by some unseen hand far above us. Always, I hear the sound of clicking. Click-click. Click-click.

I've not bothered with the dog much (more of a cat person). What's this loot they find and how do I make them find it?

Just initiate conversation with him, and then select "Do you see anything interesting?" He'll run of and find something in the area, if there's anything to be found.

Note that what he finds isn't always silly. He's found a staff for my mage on one of his early expeditions. At the time, it was the best staff I had.

Yeah, there´s also a part of a very good armor set only he can find.

As for the silliness (spoilers):

Dragon Age 2
Twins

Last edited:
I see you figured out the 4th summons. ;)

Yeah, posting the picture was actually my attempt at letting the world know, ideally without looking like a jackass :).

Btw, I was pretty sure I did everything in the Tower during the rescue operation and discovered this only thanks to a certain smuggling business I was having trouble with much later.

I had more trouble with the silly demon summoning part (the one that drops Yusaris) - there is no way of seeing that you actually "click" a statue (other than not being shot by lightning). Took me ages to realize that "nothing" was the indication that I had done something right.

4th summoning:
The 4th summoning is simply 1 + 2 + 3.

I know this isn't "silly", but anybody else notice a lot of nods to Oblivion, especially in the darkspawn areas? Like the "fleshy sacs" with loot in them?

The ghosts and some of the dungeons also reminded me of Oblivion.

Yeah, and the fleshy things did remind me of Oblivion. I bet the stuff we get out of there has a heck of a stink.

Hehe, likely is. My female elf got called "sir" on a few occasions, particularly near the end.

When I maxed Alistair's approval with my male elf, he now says "yes, love" when I give him a command. I was a bit taken aback… ;)

Hehehe probably Alistair is one of those: "All these elves look the same to me...." ;)

Back
Top Bottom