Frayed Knights 2 - The Khan of Wrath

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Rampant Coyote has announced on his blog the official title for the Frayed Knights successor, it is Frayed Knights 2: The Khan of Wrath. He also answers some questions on his blog, of which I quote the first two, together with an explanation of the name:
Or I guess we can abbreviate it FK2:KoW
Or something. Plain ol’ KoW sounds too much like my unreleased, needs-to-be-remade-in-Unity Apocalypse Cow game.
By way of explanation of the title – there are Rock Giants, as those following this blog and the comments already know. You may find them in a huge underground complex beneath Mount Wrath, “in the hall of the mountain Khan.” Yes, cue the theme from Peer Gynt. And that’s all we’re gonna say about them at this point.
Here are some Q’s to be A’d about the game. Many of these have been asked and answered before, but there may be some new ones:
Q: Is this using the same engine as the first game?
A: Not unless I redo the first game using the all-new engine at some point. :0 We’ve started over… not quite from scratch, but close enough, using Unity this time around. The underlying game rules have changed somewhat, but aside from some radical changes to the interface, Frayed Knights veterans should be at home in the new game.
Q: What about my characters from Frayed Knights: The Skull of S’makh-Daon? Will I still be able to import them into Frayed Knights 2: The Khan of Wrath?
A: Yes, although you may need to manually reallocate some points, as there will be changes to several of the feats from the previous game. It may go so far as to unspend all of your feat points, for simplicity’s sake, so you can re-buy what you need. Also, some items may go away or be changed from how they worked in FK1. Additionally, some of the choices you made in the first game may come back to haunt you in game 2.
More information.

I would totally buy a game called Apocalypse Cow...

Also eagerly waiting for FK2: KoW! More than anybody! :)

Heh, thanks for the youtube link. I should play that one every time I miss an internal milestone. (Considering I'm setting milestones every week, and they are ALWAYS a little aggressive, this happens a lot...)

I'll try and post at least bi-weekly updates, but as you know in mid-development (or mid-testing) a lot of time can go by without a whole lot of real change, other than, "Uh, this wasn't working. Got it working. This other thing wasn't working. Got it working."

So, is Khan of Wrath also a play on words like S'makh-daon was? Because if it is I guess my mastery of english is insufficient and I want to be let in on the joke :(
Anyway, I am super exited that FK2 is making progress, and that we'll hear more on the rats of Nom!

There was a Star Trek film called The Wrath of Khan, GBG. It was the 2nd film with William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy,etc.

Nothing special with the play on words this time, other than the obvious title parody.

The funny part about the rats of Nom was that they were always supposed to be in this "chapter" of the game, and I kinda put them in FK1 as an afterthought. Well, an early afterthought, but an afterthought. I figured I'd set up the joke for FK2.

Now - the problem is that I never really planned to have them at all in FK3, but I think people would be disappointed if I left 'em out. But I guess I have a little while to figure out how to use them.

You heard that here first folks, those Rats WILL be in FK3!! :) Eat your heart out Matt B!!!! :D

Ah, I didn't catch that, because I only know the German title of the movie. :)

You heard that here first folks, those Rats WILL be in FK3!! :) Eat your heart out Matt B!!!! :D

I rather expect Matt B. will have reasons to be extremely pleased with how things turn out.

Back
Top Bottom