BioWare - Choices and Consequences @ IGN

Dhruin

SasqWatch
BioWare: Choices and Consequences isn't what you might be thinking - it doesn't really examine the role of choices in BioWare's games as wonder about the choices against the backdrop of BioWare's narrative intent. Heavy spoilers apply in the actual acticle:
BioWare wants you to choose. Throughout the course of Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, your Commander Shepard has no doubt made some pretty hairy decisions. In Mass Effect 3, we're hoping to see the final manifestation of those decisions, some of which have been developing over the unprecedented course of two games. Yours truly rocks a goth FemShep with noir lip-balm and a renegade way of solving everything. A promiscuous bisexual with an appetite for destruction, she really has no business commanding the Normandy – or taking advantage of its crew. First she melded naked minds with Liara's blue allure, then she rode Thane's terminal green machine. Finally, she sampled the perilous erotic delights of Morinth and, well, perished. Zevran nodded approvingly when I reloaded after that last one. "I would have done ze same thing," he'd said.
She's my Shepard, and I wonder what the end of her story has in store for her.
But is she BioWare's Shepard?
More information.

Yours truly rocks a goth FemShep with noir lip-balm and a renegade way of solving everything. A promiscuous bisexual with an appetite for destruction, she really has no business commanding the Normandy – or taking advantage of its crew. First she melded naked minds with Liara's blue allure, then she rode Thane's terminal green machine. Finally, she sampled the perilous erotic delights of Morinth and, well, perished. Zevran nodded approvingly when I reloaded after that last one. "I would have done ze same thing," he'd said.
Words fail me. This truly is the future of CRPGs! Verily this is the C&C that is of paramount importance! Forget your old fashioned views of choice and consequence mattering in quests, faction relations and dialogue. Oh, that is so passé! What matters is who you bang (plus for extra C&C, in what order you bang them)…

*sigh*

Get off my lawn!

Bioware C&C 101

Game:

You're facing this heavily constructed "tense" situation, where some guy/girl/beast/alien did something that's rather extreme - and now YOU have to react.

1. I don't care - I let the situation run its course.
2. I'm evil (or a renegade) - I kill the dude.
3. I'm good (or a paragon) - I spare the dude.

Choose.

Ending:

1. Nothing much changed.
2. You rule the world.
3. The world changed for the better.

I'm in awe of how that reflects the kind of choices a human being makes in tense situations.

What strikes me is this use of the word "paragon". Are we supposed to see DA1 Dwarves to suddenly appear on the surface of some unknown, distant planet and begin to worhip Shepherd like the Ewoks did with C-3PO ???

Ah, okay, thank you.

Is funny how you mention Choices and Consequences. When some of your choices are always opposite in there sequels.

I think this pic says it all

1299664828455.jpg

Back
Top Bottom