Good Old Games - NWN Module and Model Contest

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
GoG has two types of contests going on for Neverwinter Nights Modder out there.
In the first contest you are tasked with creating a module titled, "The DRM Monster and The Treasure of GOG".
The second contest is a little more difficult. You need to create a model of the evil DRM monster.
The top five entries for the module contest will get five free games each.
The top entry for the model contest will earn the winner three free games.
You have until November 24th to submit your module or model.
Here are the guidelines and rules:
Module Guidelines:
1. 3 Areas: an interior starter area, an exterior transition area and a final interior.
2. No custom content. You can only submit a module file (no haks), a character file (see #5) and screenshots (see #8).
3. Up to 3 friendly NPCs
4. No more than 10 hostile creatures
5. Include a premade character capable of surviving the module
6. No more than 5 conversations
7. 10-20 minutes playtime.
8. Include 2 to 5 screenshots
Rules:
1. To keep things simple, the judges will review all entries from both GOG and the NWN communities and choose the 4 best modules from each community. From the chosen modules, judges will pick 4 winners while the 5th one will be chosen in a poll on the GOG forums and be awarded the title of "GOG community's favourite module".
2. The Contest ends on November 24th. That is four weeks folks, so get cracking.
3. There will not be a point scoring system that reflects the numerous elements of the module (i.e. plot, conversations, area design etc.). Instead judges will be instructed to choose the module whose overall presentation appeals to them the most.
4. The winning modules will be posted to the vault and become the property of the NWN community. There will also be a special mod spotlight on GOG.com which will highlight the winning modules.
DRM Monster Model Guidelines and Rules:
1. Submit a hak file that contains all the needed files for the monster to appear in the game.
2. The creature should have animations. It is acceptable to take an existing NWN creature and modify it. However, it should not substantially resemble the original creature. It should reflect the personality of this monster: it's DRM'ness
3. The Contest ends on November 24th. That is four weeks from now.
4. The judges will choose the entries that appeal to them the most. No point based system will be used.
5. The winning modules will be posted to the vault and become the property of the NWN community.
More information.

Hehe. Cool

I have to strike again how NWN1 is the gold of PC gaming. Its hard to believe how easy is to make your own module.

Surely there will be some great submissions :)

Strange, then, how I never got into the game (OC). And multiplayer was met with connection problems when trying to play with friends. Hordes of the Underdark looked cool, but somehow didn't grab. Okay, that was recently and the game is old, so...

I remember I looked forward to this game so much after playing the Baldur's Gates...

Strange, then, how I never got into the game (OC). And multiplayer was met with connection problems when trying to play with friends. Hordes of the Underdark looked cool, but somehow didn't grab. Okay, that was recently and the game is old, so…

I remember I looked forward to this game so much after playing the Baldur's Gates…

Yea. Main problem was that people looked at NWN as a game. When in fact NWN was a tool for making games. And playing 3D version of Pen and Paper online.

NWN main quest was nothing more than a showcase of what could be done with the tools.

Yea. Main problem was that people looked at NWN as a game. When in fact NWN was a tool for making games. And playing 3D version of Pen and Paper online.

NWN main quest was nothing more than a showcase of what could be done with the tools.

I know, and it sounded so interesting then! But I guess I didn't know what to expect and expected a game, anyway. Except a game with Dungeon Master control over how stuff played out. And persistent worlds. That sounded so cool. However, I didn't really do anything with it when I finally got the game. I guess you needed to be in the scene, know what mods were needed and what the good servers were.

All you need to do to get good mods is to go to NWVault and go to the files section under modules and click on "Hall of Fame" and you will find a huge amount of great mods to play. Also if the graphics seem outdated to you do a search on nwvault for nwncq and nwshader and you will be able to get a huge upgrade in visuals.

PS. If you want persistent worlds you would click on Gameworlds on NWVault.

Yeah, iirc there weren't even plans for an actual campaign at the start. And the legal issues with Atari during the development of NwN didn't help either.

Back
Top Bottom