Gothic 2 Gothic 2 Console Commands (Anims etc.)

Sajeezzar

Traveler
Yo! New to the forum, but was a long time member at the RPGDot.

I need to change the way the main character walks during the game. I had these console commands a long time ago but I have forgotten them and it really, really bugs me how the character walks.

All I remember from the commands was that they begun with toggle I guess. There were commands for changing the character walk to drunken, lazy, tired etc.

Oooh I totally remembered the commands wrong. Thanks a million times, mate!

sounds like a cool tweak but how to enable this? my memory of operating G2's console is quite fuzzy..

How about the animations? I'd like to make my character sit down for a while, but I cant find the animation names anywhere. I only found the "play ani" function but it needs the animation names :(

To use the console, you can press "C" for the character screen and type MARVIN for marvin-mode. Then press F2 to enable the console. To disable MARVIN-mode, just go to the Character screen and type 42.

To find the animation codes, go here:
http://mondgesaenge.de/MDB/
and select "Animationen - Menschen" in the menu on the left. (To see that page properly, I think you need to have JavaScript enabled in your browser.)

The site mondgesaenge.de is mostly in German (except Gothic2 ant NotR databases), and the sub-site "Marvin database/data bank" is too in German only, but it's very well-organized and easy to use. I hope this helps. :)

Ah yeah those are the right commands! Thanks a lot, dude!

Last edited:
I have another problem :(

The character wont sit down he just budges and doesnt sit down when I put play ani S_SIT into the console.

@Sajeezzar,
That's right pc-hero just kind of jumps because many ani's are part of a *looped ani* (a sequence of ani's) - I'll be away for a couple of days, i'll explain in detail when i get back. ;)

Edit. More info

Explaining in detail how the G2 ani's link together would be time consuming, instead here is the command to sit on the ground from a standing position or from another running ani' using the "play ani" command.

t_stand_2_sit

enjoy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom