Winter Voices - Episode 4 Released

http://www.wintervoices.com/game

Reading over their own descriptions of the game, I can't find anything that should have led them to believe this game should be called an RPG. There aren't even any RPG elements. Unless having a storyline is considered an RPG element now?

Anyway, the game sounds a lot like some of those experimental graphic adventures that Sierra was doing in the early 1990s. I forgot their titles because I was never a fan but I hope for their sake it pans out better now than it did then. Long as they stop calling this a "roleplaying game".

I tried the demo a while back. I would say it qualifies as a RPG- there are classes, skilltrees, TB combat, dialog trees. Unfortunately, although I appreciate what they were trying to do here, Its just not very good. Combat is a drawn out puzzle-like affair, and performane was extremely sluggish- almost inexcusable for a game with such low-end Gfx. The writing, at least in the english translation was overly melodramatic. I may look at it again if/when all episodes are out and they release a cheaper bundled version.

I'd say it was much, much more rpg than it was interesting. There were at least a couple people here who thought it didn't completely suck.

Back
Top Bottom