Mount&Blade - Review @ GameSpot

That might very well be the case. I dont know how much story the mods can add.

The mod is called "Storymod", and is quite old.

I agree with Gamespot for the most part. The gameplay has gone mostly unchanged for the last 9 months while Taleworlds has been prettying up the game. I could have dealt with repetitive death animations. They should have invested their time into making quests more interesting, improving dialogs, and crafting some kind of story arc, or several.

They should have invested their time into making quests more interesting, improving dialogs, and crafting some kind of story arc, or several.
I agree with you there. People kept whining on the forums for things like ragdoll physics and other graphical amenities and I couldn't help but roll my eyes and hope TaleWorlds wasn't listening. However I felt they made some good progress on at least the strategic game. It's still thin, but it's way more complete than in any previous beta I played (I stopped playing the betas around .960 IIRC).

I agree with you there. People kept whining on the forums for things like ragdoll physics and other graphical amenities and I couldn't help but roll my eyes and hope TaleWorlds wasn't listening. However I felt they made some good progress on at least the strategic game. It's still thin, but it's way more complete than in any previous beta I played (I stopped playing the betas around .960 IIRC).

Actually, 0.960 was the last beta so you didnt miss any :)

I agree with the main point which is that more quests, better in-game interactions (like merchants who actually tell you something, lords who feel more unique, etc) better game mechanisms would have improved the game much more than HDR, more animation, graphical stuff. For this, 1.003 is relatively disapointing. I agree with gamespot reviewer about the fact that M&B feels more incomplete than bad.

However, lot can be modded in this game, and I expect some people to do some great mods as it was done in the past. Even more now that the game is suppose to remain «stable».

Back
Top Bottom