Shroud of the Avatar - Housing Developments and Upcoming Guild Features

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Shroud of the Avatar has a new video talking about housing developments and upcoming guild features.

More information.

I'm kind of regretting the amount that I pledged. Every headline for this game is about housing and all things mmo. I'm starting to get that sinking feeling I've been suckered yet again with a bait and switch. The bait was 'hey guys were making a single player game in the spirit of the ultima single player games' and the switch is 'actually, this is UO2.' Sigh. Hope I'm wrong.

I'm kind of regretting the amount that I pledged. Every headline for this game is about housing and all things mmo. I'm starting to get that sinking feeling I've been suckered yet again with a bait and switch. The bait was 'hey guys were making a single player game in the spirit of the ultima single player games' and the switch is 'actually, this is UO2.' Sigh. Hope I'm wrong.

Honestly I am surprised you didn't realize that during the kickstart pitch, it smelled of MMO style game the entire time for me. I am the biggest Ultima fanboy from Ultima III-Ultima 7 but I didn't pledge for this MMO.

Honestly I am surprised you didn't realize that during the kickstart pitch, it smelled of MMO style game the entire time for me. I am the biggest Ultima fanboy from Ultima III-Ultima 7 but I didn't pledge for this MMO.

Well if you dig into the information that's out there, there is the insistence by LB that the game is being designed to include solo play. But still, every freakin headline for this game is about some mmo aspect of gameplay so I'm having my doubts despite the statements from LB that the game can be a single player experience.

Well if you dig into the information that's out there, there is the insistence by LB that the game is being designed to include solo play.
Well, many MMO's nowadays include the option to grind away on your own ;).

I just felt the urge to say this because of the wording "solo play", as even that is an MMO term.

Well, many MMO's nowadays include the option to grind away on your own ;).

But if I just wanted to grind away on my own in an mmo I could just return to WoW or one of many other mmo's already on the market. What I mean by 'solo play' is that i'm looking for a single player experience in the spirit of U4-U7 which I'm thinking now is not likely what we are going to see with SotA - which looks more and more like a runaway mmo with each new headline...

Back
Top Bottom