Risen You are one sick son of a b*tch

I just checked my old save, and I was surprised to see that I only had 120 max mana at the end of the game. I'm not sure what the average would be though.

Thanks. I think I am going to aim for 100 mana in stats not counting gear.

I guess you can get about 300 LPs by eog. I figure 100 to fire, 75 to mana (plus all perma self-made mana potions), 50 to swords, 16 to strength, 20 to seals, the rest to get to alchemy 3, scroll 1, lockpicking 3, prospecting 1, animals 1, pickpocket 1. Think I'll be about 10 LPs short?

Doesn't leave room for multiple crystal training or smithing. :(

You won't get 300 LPs. The max level you can reach without cheating or using exploits is 28 or 29.

I wouldn't over-analyze it though, just spend your LPs as you go. You'll be plenty strong enough by the end of the game.

Well, it needs a balance to all. You have also to balance the relationship of the bandits and the Warriors of Order in all of those quests, or you won't get the chance to upgrade them all...

Hey I finished it last night!

I made level 29, with 50 unspent LPs. How about you? ;)

I REALLY liked RISEN for
- open world exploration and design
- atmosphere
- combat controls (yes, a bit actioney)
- interesting NPCs and AI
- monster AI and variety
- some puzzles (more complexity here would have been better)
- teleport stones
- quest design

I didn't like
- character development system was sort of weak for mages. Access to seal magic wasn't much of a distinction
- repetitive dungeon crawls for the Titan armor pieces
- little choice and consequences, except for picking your profession
- not many roleplaying opportunities

Hey I finished it last night!

I made level 29, with 50 unspent LPs. How about you? ;)

I REALLY liked RISEN for
- open world exploration and design
- atmosphere
- combat controls (yes, a bit actioney)
- interesting NPCs and AI
- monster AI and variety
- some puzzles (more complexity here would have been better)
- teleport stones
- quest design

I didn't like
- character development system was sort of weak for mages. Access to seal magic wasn't much of a distinction
- repetitive dungeon crawls for the Titan armor pieces
- little choice and consequences, except for picking your profession
- not many roleplaying opportunities

Being knocked out at level 2 and forced to follow one quest line and class for the rest of the game isn't consequence? Unless that's what you meant by profession. Though most agree joining the order by force isn't the way to go for the best run through, I think it was a really cool idea that made getting on the order's bad side have real and tangible consequences.

I also like choosing between the order and bandits (though im going for mage my first time around), but I'm still in Chapter 1.

For the record, I play on the 360.

Yep, the only choice of consequence is the profession choice mage/warrior/bandit. Being knocked out though isn't much of choice if you just ignored all the warnings... ;)

As long as you string everybody along and don't make a final choice (getting caught is one) too early, so that you can wring the most exp. out of all the factions before the chapter ends.

I've played as bandit and as mage, next time I'll let myself be caught at the right time and see what happens. Apparently your training stint as an Order warrior has it's own bit of interesting story to it just like the mage training bit did.

I agree that character development for mages is lacking - the few times the unique stuff is needed, you can simply use a scroll instead. Scrolls generally aren't expensive or hard to come by.

Well, I just followed many professions in order, such as Bandit --> Warrior of the Order --> Half Mage-Half Warrior(You can call it warlock). I made the greatest mistake to say a "no" to Inquisitor Mendoza and now I cannot unlock the "Seal" lessons.

Back
Top Bottom