Witcher 3 - Gameplay Footage

They went viral (for no reason right?) so it's not unusual.

I better start saving some orens for a new rig and witcher 3 :)

yep will be upgrading my PC for this, 60fps/1080p/max details necessary.
Getting CE and GOG versions both

Am I the only one who felt there was way too much actual video and not enough footage from the game? Don't get me wrong, what little footage I've seen looks great, but some guy in a video telling me this game will be the greatest thing since hamburgers doesn't really do it for me. I've been Molyneux'd too many times for that.

That being said, if every game currently estimated as a 2014 release actually releases on time, it will end up being one of the best years for RPGs we've seen. Maybe even the very best, as there's a ton of good games coming.

Am I the only one who felt there was way too much actual video and not enough footage from the game?

No, you're not. Pretty pictures and bold talk is all we see here. I like CD Projekt as a company, but there was plenty of unfulfilled hype with The Witcher 2, if you all who are biting so hard on this promotional line might want to try hard to recall. Not saying TW2 was a bad game, but I wasn't so impressed by it. I like open worlds, and a big deal was made pre-release about how TW2 would be an open world, which didn't really prove to be the case. They also hyped player choices having a big impact on the world, etc., which wasn't quite as revolutionary as suggested.

As I said, i like CD Projekt, and I'm sure i'll get this game. But I wouldn't be so quick to drink the Kool Aid.

No, you're not. Pretty pictures and bold talk is all we see here. I like CD Projekt as a company, but there was plenty of unfulfilled hype with The Witcher 2, if you all who are biting so hard on this promotional line might want to try hard to recall. Not saying TW2 was a bad game, but I wasn't so impressed by it. I like open worlds, and a big deal was made pre-release about how TW2 would be an open world, which didn't really prove to be the case. They also hyped player choices having a big impact on the world, etc., which wasn't quite as revolutionary as suggested.

As I said, i like CD Projekt, and I'm sure i'll get this game. But I wouldn't be so quick to drink the Kool Aid.

Indeed. Never follow pre-release hype - makes for happier gaming :)

Even if they only deliver half of what they promise, I'll still be a very happy gamer :).
Amen to that.:thumbsup: I haven't been disappointed by any of their games yet.

They are working to deliver their objective: telling a story. Everything in the video is conceived to create that movie feeling. The in game footage is carefully shot with the right angle to deliver that feeling of watching a movie etc
Another game that turns you in a viewer rather than a player as storytelling and the means associated to it takes so much place over game mechanics.

Combat at moment reminded me of Space Harrier, when those wyverns, I think, come out of the background moving toward you. A bit of rail shooter there.

Looks pretty damn sweet.
Anybody know where that second vid is shot? That's some breathtaking scenery...

No it's not a joke the first comment always breaks the format and videos. It's never been fixed. It's a bug in the forum apparently.

Let me fix the post here but the second video works fine on the main page.

I should maybe have been more specific. The video worked fine for me. But the content is ridiculous.

They are working to deliver their objective: telling a story. Everything in the video is conceived to create that movie feeling. The in game footage is carefully shot with the right angle to deliver that feeling of watching a movie etc
Another game that turns you in a viewer rather than a player as storytelling and the means associated to it takes so much place over game mechanics.

Combat at moment reminded me of Space Harrier, when those wyverns, I think, come out of the background moving toward you. A bit of rail shooter there.

Yeah, but thats abit of the point of a RPG. Story should be one of the main focus points. It does not feel like you have played TW2 considering how you are judging their games from a movie perspective. This is no where close to a "Final Fantasy"-game. But hey, if you dislike good RPGs then this website probably arent for you.

Yeah, but thats abit of the point of a RPG. Story should be one of the main focus points. It does not feel like you have played TW2 considering how you are judging their games from a movie perspective. This is no where close to a "Final Fantasy"-game. But hey, if you dislike good RPGs then this website probably arent for you.
No ChienAboyeur believes that story can't be done in video games, and claims research proved this. Others have tried to argue this but he sticks with his agenda.

Back
Top Bottom