Risen - Sounds & Music Interview

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The popular Kai Rosenkranz steps up at the Risen blog for an interview on the sound and music:
How do you design the sound effects for fantasy creatures nobody has ever heard before? A gnome picking his nose, or a roaring ashbeast, for example?
In most cases I use sounds from different animals and mix them together. An ashbeast, for instance, is a mixture of gorilla, lion, bear and walrus, with a little hint of buffalo. Of course, the sounds have to be altered and edited in order to match. However, for some species I had to record my own material. Various layers of human grunting and snarling have made it into the creature sounds for Risen. Some humanoid species have been given their own "voices" in the recording studio.
More information.

Solo instruments such as the acoustic guitar, various flutes and a solo trumpet play an important role, as they express the solitude of the nameless hero (in most parts of the game) and follow him on his emotional journey.

Yesss...

Oh, check out those two pieces of music there!

ok thats it. iam gonna preorder this game. DAMN this music gives me little bumps on my arms....
coming : International release date 2009-10-02 officially confirmed

Very nice.

Typically Kairo nice really... And I really like the new main theme too.

Yet another addition to my iPod ...

Back
Top Bottom