What games are you playing now?

I'm currently playing the games I wanted to but couldn't play during the last few years because I didn't have Windows at the time: C&C 4 and UT 3. And I'm playing Plants vs. Zombies with Sonny :).

I have spent two days with Risen now. I have finally finished everything in the first town and gotten out, started my path towards Mage. Until now I have been hoarding learning points, only allowing myself to spend points on lockpicking, sneaking, alchemy, gutting and prospecting. If I know these games right, the patience of saving points is rewarding once you can begin to train for real, but i wanted to see more of Risen I thought, and those skills allow me to do so. Nature looks awesome in Risen, but models, animations and especially faces look really poor.

Just don't stack up too many LPs,being a mage is quite easy(if you pick the right crystal) and you don't want to kill all challenge from chapter 2.

I finished F.E.A.R Extraction point last weekend, and am about halfway through Perseus Mandate. Perseus Mandate AI seems a lot smarter. Also, the enemies hit you in swarms so you can't play sneaky tactics so much. It forces you to bullrush and take lots of damage in some cases. Not liking it as much, but thankfully there's ton of health and armor pickups.

I restarted Risen from scratch right after making that post. Turned out my actions completely blocked me from doing quests in one of the "cities" and I couldn't have that. Replaying isn't that much of a problem now when I know what to do. I still play without really spending points though.

Kostaz said:
Just don't stack up too many LPs,being a mage is quite easy(if you pick the right crystal) and you don't want to kill all challenge from chapter 2.

Fine by me. I have 6 days to finish the game, so I rather have it easily digested than challenging right now. This is also how I finished the other games in the series, playing it hardcore, stacking up points, then instant greatness once I got to train in the class I wanted. It tends to be very rewarding, you learn all sorts of techniques and tactics to be able to get by without any fighting skills whatsoever, making every fight a very lethal one, taking it slow, crawling, only to then switch to someone who suddenly can one-shot people from afar.

Last edited:
Too much F.E.A.R. gave me a lower back sprain. Who knew that sitting in one spot for too long would do this? I wonder if it was some of the surprise attacks that made me jump? So I am wondering if it's worthwhile to finish Perseus Mandate.

I don't want to jeopardize a 2 week vacation on Kauai starting saturday...

Just replayed Freelancer. Still a brilliant game. Thinking about playing X3: Terran Conflict, though I hear it's extremely time consuming.

I also tried playing HoMM5 a bit. A comparison to HoMM3 is valid I suppose, but 3 is superior in pretty much every way in my opinion.

Just replayed Freelancer. Still a brilliant game. Thinking about playing X3: Terran Conflict, though I hear it's extremely time consuming.

I also tried playing HoMM5 a bit. A comparison to HoMM3 is valid I suppose, but 3 is superior in pretty much every way in my opinion.

X3 is more like a space economy simulator than anything else.

Definitely a VERY different experience from Freelancer, which is very much like Privateer.

Agree about HoMM3 v HoMM5 btw. ;)

Looked into "The Treasure Planet : Battle Of Prokyon" again.

My, I didn't have it so hard in my memory ! Spaceships that REALLY move as sluggish as real ships ... a very different kind of challenge ...

Did you find a mod that lets you increase the resolution while keeping everything the same scale? Otherwise, I don't see how you could possibly be using 1920x1080 for PS:T.

Sorry fo the late reply, forgot to check this thread.

I had problems with the text being much to small for that resolution in the begining, but once if fixed that, it works really great and looks great too.

tolknaz: I've never liked that the view was so close to the characters in PS:T.. most of the time i played on a 24", also played some on my TV (50"), both works great for that resolution imo.. i sit quite close to my 24" though hehe

Got stuck so i stopped playing. I think i was supposed to go the the Night Hag, but i had no clue what to do / where to go, i checked some guide but didnt really help me.. I might give it another shot at some point.. the gameplay itself (combat/quests) arent really that great, the story and characters though, wow. I love the design/graphics too, only the animations (too choppy) drags the graphics down..

These are the mods i used (copied from another forum, version numbers can be different).

"1. Official Patch 1.1 (ONLY for 4CD version)

2. All Inclusive Fixpacks ( 3 of them)

A-Planescape: Torment Ultimate WeiDU Fixpack (PST Ultimate WeiDU Fixpack v3.02)
B-Planescape: Torment Unfinished Business (PST Unfinished Business v3.02)
C-Qwinn's Planescape: Torment Tweak Pack (Qwinn's PST Tweak Pack v3.51)

3.Widscreen MOD ( Widescreen MOD v2.2 By The BIGG )

AND…

4. If you have a widescreen monitor:

* Install Planescape: Torment User Interface MOD by GhostDog
( Planescape Torment User Interface By GhostDog v1.0 )

5. If you have a 4:3 monitor:

* Install 1024x768 UI pack BETA by "the vanished one
( 1024x768 UI pack BETA by the vanished one )"

X3 is more like a space economy simulator than anything else.

Definitely a VERY different experience from Freelancer, which is very much like Privateer.

Agree about HoMM3 v HoMM5 btw. ;)

Aye, I was hoping for Freelancer (with less story focus) + the ability to build a large empire (space stations etc). Ended up getting bored rather fast because everything is so slow. Even moving around in space is slow, you never get that "swooosh" feeling that you do in Freelancer.

Trying out DarkStar One now instead. So far, so good. It's not as good as Freelancer, but it's still a lot of fun

I've been playing GTA IV for the last couple of days,I'm pretty impressed with Liberty City and the engine used in the game,really puts some perspective on games that dumbed down the graphics to fit the old hardware.
Nico is likable like most GTA protagonists and he's got a personality of his own unlike the ones in GTA 3 games,other were way more cool though.
I probably won't get to explore the depth of Liberty City due to my limited time but I'm having a blast with the story missions,amazing how archaic gameplay still does the trick.

Started Two Worlds I yesterday (it comes with a magazine right now).

The total lack o any kind of introduction bothered me most.

But what actually freaked me like nothing else was their head nodding movement. It feels s if they actually have no skeletal structure, absolutely no bones within them.

THIS kind of nodding movement should not be possible for people with skeletal structures ! Because it just looks like a wobbling head - you perhaps know these kind of toys.

It just looks frightening unrealistic to me. It's like ... people having their head cut off and then glued on again, with absolutely no skeletal conjunction anmore, and then still happily living on.

They look [with this "head wobbling] worse than ghosts. Their heads move like Zombies.

I still don't know how much "respect" I can have towards NPCs with wobbling heads like head-cut-off-then-roughly-glued-on Zombies. This totally breaks the immersion for me.

Started Two Worlds I yesterday (it comes with a magazine right now).

Two Worlds was a bizarre experience for me. I did finish it, but it felt unfinished. Gothic 3 was also unfinished, but was definitely a better game. Still, TW is better than Forsaken Gods.

Completely out of games now. There are plenty of fantasy titles around, but I'm tired of fantasy right now. Played quite a few sci-fi games lately, such as:
- Freelancer
- DarkStar One
- KotOR1
- KotOR2
- Starcraft 2

I'm definetly hungry for more sci-fi games, but there aren't enough good ones out there. Thinking about playing Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, which means I'm pretty desperate..

I guess Two Worlds 2 will be the next game I put a lot of effort into. Either that or the Div 2 add-on, but I have no idea when the English version will be out here (could be ages for all I know).

In an effort to learn how to balance my interests, I just started Red Faction: Guerilla. The plan for the rest of 2010 is to take care of my wife, keep the apartment in good shape, read and comprehend what I need to study, and have room for entertainment. The background is that spring 2010 was a disaster as studies took up 100% of my time, making me into a dried up desert emotionally.

Short question for anyone who has played Two Worlds : How do I set up traps ?

I wonder because the game seemingly didn't come with a proper handbook (but instead with a hint booklet).

Short question for anyone who has played Two Worlds : How do I set up traps ?
I think you can either double click the trap in the inventory or hotkey it.

Okay, I'll try this, then. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom