The Dark Triad: Dragon's Breath - On Kickstarter Today

Does seem odd. It occurred to me that CouchPotato might not appreciate that some cultures us "." as a thousand separator, rather than ",".

I have never seen anybody use "." as a thousand separator, rather than ",". That's odd, but I'll accept it. Seems I'm the jackass here so let me say sorry.:embarrassed:

It's just as weird as getting used to the metric system.

Pledged. Turn based + party based is already 90% of what I need.

I jumped in with 20 pounds, although i'm certainly more than a little cautious. On one hand they push many of the right buttons, but at the same time they rely on shallow buzzwords a lot.

Oh, and some of the stuff they're saying is downright cringeworthy:

Epic Achievements.

I guess the next updates are the key. I can always pull out of this if they continue in that particular direction.

This should be popular here, it is european.

I thought the story shown was excellent, with great presentation. I think they will hit their mark.

plot seems shit

art direction unoriginal

graphics outdated

I don't see a reason for this project to succeed

PS: a girl is narrating …haha

Model viewer is the only achievement that looks best here I think watching the KS video.
The battle system is weak to my standards. Target selection GUI is lame.
Visceral battle with good fake physics is a must, but NOT here so I ain't buying! Attack and evade/taking damage animations are weak. There is no good satisfying fake physics like it was in Mortal Kombat. TOEE looks and handles battle way better than this using world-class animations.

I understand programming (time)limits / considerations so they couldn't create a satisfying, elaborated battle, because they do not have resources for that. Okay.

Dialog system is ridiculous: letters cannot be read /seen, have no contrast against background.

Graphics is good enough, 3D is a plus so the game isn't fixed to a limited 2D perspective, but even 2D could be no problem if a game is done right.

Surprised all in all that The Dark Triad: Dragon's Death is a decent try. Not so bad as 90+x% of indie RPGs that try this same outlook.

But AVIODWARE for me, until they improve above.

@Mercy - Remember the game is far from finished and they've noted many of your concerns in the KS notes. The kickstarter has a date of Jan 2014, but more realistically that will likely become mid/late 2014. Think they have a good chance of getting the technical side up to a good standard, just hope that they don't overlook the importance of making a convincing world that doesn't feel so generic as what they have shown so far.

Also, Kickstarters should take a leaf out of Chris Roberts book and make a special effort on the particular artwork and gameplay they show in their presentations or at least make it very clear that what they are showing isn't the final product - In particular their combat demonstration really isn't very good.

Just watched the video, thought it looked really good personally. I'm surprised it hasn't had more support - its only on 4k at the minute, which is disapointing.

Just watched the video, thought it looked really good personally. I'm surprised it hasn't had more support - its only on 4k at the minute, which is disapointing.

Just compare what they show with the single waterfall picture from project eternity, which was probably just an art mock up at that stage, but is very evocative. Really the whole presentation needs some colour & life & uniqueness, particularly since they have no track record to fall back on as Obsidian does. I think this might be a worthwhile project too - but really the pitch is frustratingly poor.

Just compare what they show with the single waterfall picture from project eternity, which was probably just an art mock up at that stage, but is very evocative. Really the whole presentation needs some colour & life & uniqueness, particularly since they have no track record to fall back on as Obsidian does. I think this might be a worthwhile project too - but really the pitch is frustratingly poor.

So very true! The Project Eternity waterfall screenshot was simply breathtaking. To be fair, the talent of the designers behind that game is pretty intimidating as would that of the artists as well.

While Dark Triad does look promising, I'm waiting for more information and (hopefully) a slightly more polished video before I back them.

Yeah, I think this one looks pretty promising, but the goal may have been a bit lofty. I like most of what I have seen from the videos, though the spell effects were a bit underwhelming.

Back
Top Bottom