Atari download version installer error

larry138

Black Blood
Well, I got the game. I'm trying to install it now, but it won't cooperate. While installing, it errors out and says, "Error 1310, error writing to file C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\BOILING POINT\newgrp.grp. Verify that you have access to that directory." I should have access to everything.. never had this problem with anything else. I can't find anything online related to this that'll help out. Anyone know what's up? Thanks for any info.

e: Weird, it unpacks the full game into AppData then tries to install, and when it installs it hangs up at that part. If I move the extracted game to where it's supposed to be, in Program Files, I can get the game to start but when I click "New Game" it crashes while loading. I also can't get any patches to apply to it properly. Man this is a nightmare

Last edited:
Since you are using Windows Vista or 7 you shouldn't install anything to Program Files directory since problems like this come up. The Program Files directory is locked down by Windows and that can cause access problems with some programs. Install it somewhere else (like "C:\games" like I do) and it should work. I have Windows 7 64-bit and that game works fine.

I also got it working fine on Windows 7 64-bit. Have the Atari retail version on disk in box. Installed main game on the default location and installed also the patch as supplied on the disk. Game worked fine.
Uninstall what you got and try again. You could try to execute the installer as administrator. :)

a hint- download the BP dopeman version from the bay, this one is patched to latest and except the small missing first intro it all runs well on whatever OS, copy it (no need to install) play it lke it and have the paid version for supporting the game companies, I have the box type too but used the dopeman version which played well.

Back
Top Bottom