RoA: Blade of Destiny - Remake To Be Released in June

I've been looking forward to this for quite some time. Nice to hear the familiar music in the trailer. The characters I see around 1.20 appeal somewhat less to me though. they look a bit comical and awkwardly animated. Oh well... it won't matter a lot. I still play the original from time to time and if the core-gameplay is there: I'm sold.

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00CHVY15A/

I don't know if this is visible from all territories.
Funny fact: this used to have a real neat cover picture a few hours ago (ancient book-style with a remake of the original cover image), and they changed it since to something ...less appealing by far...

Not sure what to think of this. It looks extremely lo-fi, which might be ok, but what's worse is it's unevenness. There doesn''t seem to have been a coherent art direction. Their rushing for release doesn't help to address my reservations, either.
However, they seem to be staying very close, nearly identical to the original's gameplay, and some of their devs are very friendly, discussing their game and development at length on certain forums, and seem to have both the right ideas and the TDE/RoA competence to back it up.

Hmmm...

This was one of the great games of the 1990s. I bought it back then and I will buy it again! Don't know how I feel about it being real time as opposed to turn based. I miss turn based combat.

You could at least provide a link. ;)

No. Link please :)

Thank you, Myrthos. ;)

On no, this sounds like a colossally stupid idea. A narrator?! Please tell me this was only for the short "GM voice" parts and not for every "text box" in the original game. I shudder to think how they've handled this in the English version. If the dude doing this GM voice isn't good, he'll easily ruin the whole game. Now I'll definitely wait for English version gameplay videos before purchase.

I can't say. I only saw a few minutes of gameplay.

Here is an far more detailed look at it - in German language, though : http://nandurion.de/blog/2013/06/06...zu-schicksalsklinge-und-memoria-2/#more-26465

There'll be a Collector's edition (at least in Germany), too.

In one forum someone reports that "two weeks before release, the NLT is ilready on position 7 of the charts at Amazon".

If this is true, then it is impressive, still.

And developers from other countries will of course shake their heads about "the Germans". :D

Especially considering how hard the games were in terms of micromanagement - which is absolutely absent in games of today. :D ;)

Bummer. Looks great, but it's another German release with little to no international support. I am recognizing a pattern. Too bad. Too old to learn German. ;)

Didn't Monty Python do a few German-language "Flying Circus" shows, too ? ;)

Back
Top Bottom