BioShock 2 - DLC Canceled for PC

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
According to shacknews anyone who is still interested in the Bioshock 2 DLC for the PC will be dissappointed. It's not going to be released.
Sr. manager of 2k Elizabeth Tobey has confirmed that the DLC for the PC will not be made. In addition they will not be adding playlists for the multiplayer DLC maps or vending machine sounds in their upcoming patch. Elizabeth Tobey's statement:
I have an update on the status of patches for BioShock 2 and some answers to questions on features that have been outstanding for a while. We will not be adding vending machine sounds into any version of BioShock 2 and we will not be adding playlists for the multiplayer DLC maps -- we did look in to both options but due to technical and timing issues, these two fixes are not feasible. We are planning patches for the 360 and PS3 to fix some functionality issues, but they will not drastically change gameplay (and I'll post the patch notes when I get them -- these two items are still in with QA.)
We will also not be offering Protector Trials and Minerva's Den on the PC in the future -- and I want to say that I'm sorry for the disappointment this will cause to PC players out there. As always, if any of these issues change in the future, I will update you guys first, but at this point in time I don't want to make you wait any longer and these are the most definite answers I have and you guys should deem them final decisions.
More information.

Translation : "Sorry, but we believe that PC gaming is dead."

I wouldn't say I was furious about this, but I was rather peeved. The DLC was announced a while back (Especially Protector Trials) and there's no reason why they can't bring it to the PC. DLC can be distributed via Games for Windows Live (Direct2Drive sells it, too, I believe - But it might just be codes for the DLC). Without going on a "PC Gaming Is Where It Started" rant, I think this is a terrible move by 2K.

BioShock 2 was good, but it wasn't (For me) as good as BioShock 1. It was much less efficient in terms of specs for minimal gains in quality, the art style seemed to be a bit all over the place and the multiplayer wasn't really worth playing (Especially with how the game responds). I don't suppose I've missed too much, but I was genuinely interested in Minerva's Den.

I got bored with Bioshock 2 and never finished it. Funny, Bio 1 had me glued all the way to the end. It wasn't anything like System Shock 2, but it was fun enough and kept me interested in it.

Bio 2 didn't. I can't really explain why. Maybe I was tired of doing the same thing. Maybe it was that they didn't let me go back to other areas. I don't know. All I know is that I'm still stuck on that railroad track somewhere and my poor guy has no hope in the near future of ever escaping :)

I thought that Bio2 was descent for a FPS, This is just pure lazy on the Devs.Its funny the only DLC i would have perchased and it gets swept under the rug. dissapointed for the lack of luv for pc. BioShock was born on the pc. It seems they forgot where they came from.

We love to cover a wide range of games with rpg elements in them. Elemental is definitely a strategy game, but it's the closest thing we got to MoM now.....well that's not exactly true, the closest thing would be a few of the mods for Civ IV or III. Especially Fall From Heaven II which is weird since the guy who made that is now the Project Manager for Elemental.

With more and more games having rpg elements in them it's not so surprising to see more and more of the hybrids showing up here. I'm sure DHruin, myself or one of the others will be covering Bioshock 3 since it will be of at least some interest to some of the people who come here.

According to Kotaku, the DLC has been "uncancelled".

Protector Trials will be released for free alongside a patch (They estimate December), whereas Minerva's Den will have more details revealed later. Well, truth be told, I think it's a bit late. Protector Trials didn't get great reviews, and I would suspect a large number of people have uninstalled (or otherwise removed) BioShock 2 from their systems.

Personally? Unless they bring out a GotY/Complete edition on disc, I'm going to give it a miss. 9GB download (At least!) for the game, let alone the DLC. Too little, too late.

Back
Top Bottom