Risen - German Review @ WoR

Dhruin

SasqWatch
World of Risen has posted their review and although one might be circumspect about a fansite opinion, there are some healthy indicators in the lengthy article. According to my Google-fu, this is a "conservative" Piranha Bytes game that returns to the values of Gothic and Gothic 2 - but in better condition than any previous release because "Risen runs without misfires".
More information.

Babelfish's translation of the reviewer's summary of Risen:

"All in all Risen was a mad role performance, I it did not repent so much time thereby to have spent. All lovers of the Gothic series will surely have its fun thereby, in addition, beginners should find fast entrance. Those few small Macken, which still possess the play, concern only the atmosphere and with a possible successor will be surely no longer present."

Good enough. Sold.

This game is looking to be a real home run. yay i really hope it will be =)

Woo hoo, gratz PB! :party:

Not that I wish to be "sensitive" - but do we really need that sort of thing around here?

Good choice :)

I've seen my share of sick stuff - but I wonder what happens to the mind of a child, if it was exposed to that sort of thing too much. This is the kind of site where I imagine parents might not expect to have to shield their children from disturbing imagery.

(Back on-topic)

Best detailed explanation so far - I Babel fished the whole article.
A big thankyou to Don-Esteban for the review from a dedicated gothic series gamers perspective.

Not from this review but somewhere else (I can't remember where) I found out the reason why you can't swim. If you go out into the ocean too far a giant sea creature comes out of the water and eats you.

An English translation of the article is probably in the works.

That would be a time consuming job, especially when there are 6 separate test articles.
Risen Test: 1. Gameplay
Risen Test: 2. Story
Risen Test: 3. Bedienung
Risen Test: 4. Kampf
Risen Test: 5. Fazit
Risen Test: 6. Technik

It's a great idea though, for the fanbase to construct their own in-depth articles. Yes there could be a touch of bias applied but i still trust their credentials above some obscure blogger reviewer. :)

in relation to a machine/software:
Macke, Macken (german, colloquial) = bug, bugs (english)

in relation to a person:
"eine Macke haben" = "to be nuts"

Last edited:
Been playing it for a few hours now. Feels like pure Gothic, up to the smallest details. A worthy successor it seems; I'm having a lot of fun. Game runs incredibly smooth on my almost two year old machine as well and I haven't encountered any bugs as of yet...

I think instead spending time translating reviews, most gamers who got the game probably would be too busy playing ;)

in relation to a machine/software:
Macke, Macken (german, colloquial) = bug, bugs (english)

in relation to a person:
"eine Macke haben" = "to be nuts"

Ah so. Thanks HiddenX, and Alrik^. I suppose I could have looked that up myself, but I recall being slightly dizzy after reading through the translated article. I had to lie down. And in a way I wanted to believe it had something to do with mackeral.

Back
Top Bottom