Drakensang How do I raise my weapon skill cap?

human_male

Math and girls is hard.
Hi there. Something I'm curious about. I'm a level nine soldier and I can raise my skill in swords to thirteen. But Forgrimm who's also level nine has a max of eighteen in axes and maces (he's got a melee bonus so that would make it seventeen), and Rhulana has a cap of seventeen in sabers.

Is there a reason I can't raise my skill to seventeen? Is it dependant on an attribute? How do I know which one?

Many thanks.

I think it's due to the rules system, but don't nail me down on that.

Apart from that, these values are already *very* good ! - As far as I know.

Maybe this could help you ? http://www.chromatrix.com/html/weapons.html

Plus this: http://www.chromatrix.com/html/talents.html

Thanks for that. I don't see anything in there that explains it though. I'm also confused why it's got the short sword Snip listed as a dagger, when it clearly says Talent: Swords if you examine it.

I'm wondering if it could have something to do with swords not being a soldiers default weapon class. Two handed swords is. I have no interest in two handed swords (and I preferred the look of the solder over the warrior), so I went with swords. I recall seeing anything in the manual that suggest restrictions on weapon talents for different classes.

It's just kinda annoying that I'm supposed to be the big badass in the game and everyone is better than me.

From the same site (combat):

Improving Attack and Parry Values: The maximum value of any Combat Talent may not exceed the sum of either AG or ST (whichever is higher) +3. Thus, a hero with AG 12 and ST 15 may not advance any Combat Talent beyond a TP of 18. If TP in a particular Combat Talent is improved, you need to decide whether you increase AT or PA in this Talent. Hint: Should you ever reach this boundary and still want to increase your combat prowess, you need to advance the higher of the two Attribute Values first.

From the same site (combat):

Yes, because on the left side there's a menu, you should have taken a look there first, human_male.

Back
Top Bottom