The "I Just Bought" thread

I bought a one year old Alienware M17x R2 Black Aluminium:

That is funny - I just sold the older of my Alienware m11x laptops and am working on selling the other one!

My latest purchase is a Kindle Fire. I love my Nook Touch, but have also enjoyed a few 7" Android tablets. This will benefit my significant Amazon investment in ... well, everything.

That is funny - I just sold the older of my Alienware m11x laptops and am working on selling the other one!
This laptop has had two previous owners. And there were other people too willing to bid for it. Its kind of popular rarity here.

I was first planning to get a 1900€ gaming laptop but couldnt see how I could explain that to my gf so I picked the used alienware instead. And Im glad I did since these things are seriously expensive as new.

Samsung NP700G7A
http://www.verkkokauppa.com/fi/prod...G7A-17-3-Intel-Core-i7-2670QM-8-GB-2-x-750-GB

Lately Ive started to buy my hardware as used since you can get it way cheaper even if its only months old.

Last edited:
Just bought another book of Lovecraft's. The famous Necronomicon ! :D

P9140008.jpg

Just tell me if there's any other book of Lovecraft that I missed without knowing, please.

I NEED to enhance my dreams and nightmares and start writing MORE of it! :D

Just tell me if there's any other book of Lovecraft that I missed without knowing, please.
The Complete Fiction should already contain all of his stories. There are other authors who expanded upon his work, however, more specifically the Mythos. Incidentally I started reading the Complete Fiction a few weeks ago in preparation for the Arkham Horror board game. Got halfway through book 1 before I felt the urge to read standard fantasy again. Some interesting therein, my favorite so far is one with some sort of upside down castle.

the Mythos

Why do people use this term, actually ? Is this going to be a kind of religion in a few hundred years or what ?

To me, it's almost an artificial religion.

Talisman: The Dragon Expansion

Talisman is one of my most favorite boardgames of all time. As a young boy a friend had 2nd edition with one expansion and I wanted to play it everytime I visited him. Many many years later I bought third edition but sold it when I needed money. Later I bought the entire set from ebay which was really expensive.

Talisman: The Dragon is for 4th edition. While 3rd edition had plenty of problems (like being really ugly), 4th edition have glorious artwork and some really good improvements.

The Dragon adds new endings to the game and makes the game alot more advanced than the base game.

talismandragon.png

Was looking at old D&D stuff w/ friends the other night and came upon the 1980's "Basic Set" on Ebay - this was the exact set i begged for as a kid and finally got for my B'day. I had forgotten what it looked like up until then - when i saw it i knew I had to have it once again, crappy blue dice and all!

Prolly paid a little too much for it…. $40.oo after shipping and all that, whatever. Gotta spend my money somehow ='.'=

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 58
Why do people use this term, actually ? Is this going to be a kind of religion in a few hundred years or what ?

See Cthulhu Mythos (or in German).
Wikipedia said:
The Cthulhu Mythos is a shared fictional universe created in the 1920s by American horror writer H. P. Lovecraft.

The term was first coined by August Derleth, a contemporary correspondent of Lovecraft, who used the name of the creature Cthulhu - a central figure in Lovecraft literature[1] and the focus of Lovecraft's famous short story The Call of Cthulhu (first published in pulp magazine Weird Tales in 1928) - to identify the system of lore employed by Lovecraft and his literary successors.

There's also the "Lovecraft" Mythos, which refers to Lovecraft's works.

For my Kindle Fire … awesome leather case from Oberon Design ... also serves as a media stand.

Attachments

• Oberon Kindle Fire Case_LoRes3.jpg
    Oberon Kindle Fire Case_LoRes3.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Oberon Kindle Fire Case_LoRes1.jpg
    Oberon Kindle Fire Case_LoRes1.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Oberon Kindle Fire Case_LoRes7.jpg
    Oberon Kindle Fire Case_LoRes7.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 18
For my Kindle Fire … awesome leather case from Oberon Design … also serves as a media stand.

Wow that is the coolest e-reader case I've ever seen! Very nice.

I need to get one for my Nook Color - which I see they also have on their website.

Looks Great !

Wow that is the coolest e-reader case I've ever seen! Very nice.

I love the stuff from Oberon - I have a 'Tree of Life' cover for my Nook Touch which I got in June, and since it is real leather it becomes softer and more pliable over time and just feels wonderful in your hands.

I was actually thinking that would make a great case for the "collector's edition" of an RPG. :)

hehe ... except for the price tag! :)

Back
Top Bottom