Driftmoon - Release Date Announced

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
According to IndieRPGs the release date for Driftmoon is between the 20th and 28th of February and will be available for 14.99 Euro.
There is also a trailer available which is over a week old, so you might have seen it already.

More information.

Actually, this particular trailer is over a year old - but at the moment it's the newest one available. Don't worry, we promise to put together a brand new trailer some time soon.

There will be an interesting visual upgrade in Driftmoon in the immediate future. We're planning on giving you a sneak peek tomorrow, so be sure to check our site. ;)

Surely going to check it out tomorrow. And check it out after the release. :)
Looks promising.
I really hope that the game will be a success.

Should also remind folks that there's a demo available at the website, which I wasn't previously aware of. I tried it out after another recent news update here, and it's pretty sweet.

I'm currently playing the Beta with a review to follow. My plan is to have the review ready by the release date. Stay tuned!! :)

This game kept on reminding me of some other game but I couldn't remember what it was. It was actually driving me quite crazy every time I saw a news item about this game. At last, tonight, I remember the game that this one reminds me of!

It reminds me of... [drum roll...] click here!

I know very little about Driftmoon's gameplay so do not read anything into this one way or the other except that the top down view reminds me so much of that classic!

Well, having looked at the video, Driftmoon is nothing like that game, which sadly I missed, though I still do have my Intellivision!! :)

Well, having looked at the video, Driftmoon is nothing like that game, which sadly I missed, though I still do have my Intellivision!! :)

Like I said, I was in no way comparing the gameplay between the two games.

It's just that top down view of Driftmoon and the way the character's arms stick out reminded me of Swords and Serpents... it took me a looong time to make the connection but every time I saw pics of Driftmoon I would experience deja vu and the game I was trying to remember was on the tip of my tongue but eluded me...

On a side note, at the time, Swords and Serpents was a very fun game on the intellivision. It was actually multiplayer and had a blast playing it all the time with a buddy of mine.

We just revealed this on our website (and our forum topic here) yesterday: From the next build onward, Driftmoon will include the much requested feature to tilt the camera angle of the game a bit - so you can choose yourself if you want to play Driftmoon top-down, or with a tilted camera angle.

Here's the first screenshot of the tilted viewing angle in action:
driftmoonnorthropinnaft.jpg

I like the font you're using for dialogues etc, it makes a huge difference for the overall aesthetics. I think it was Vampire:Bloodlines that irritated the hell out of me because they used something like Arial, it kind of took you out of the game and into some cheap word processor every time you saw text in the game.

That tilted viewpoint makes your game look ultima vii-ish. Very nice!

The top down angle was the only thing that made me squirm a bit, the new look is MUCH better (for the likes of me, anyway).

One question to the creators of driftmoon: i bought the beta some years ago. Now i saw that the game is on desura too, so: do beta supporter also get a desura key?
I like your auto updater and all, but when i loose the binaries it would be nice to have all my digitally bought games either in steam or desura.
thanks.

Hi vidder! Just send us an email (or a private mail here)! :)

Ps. But if you play Driftmoon now before final release, I suggest maybe playing the build on our site. It is always updated first - and sometimes it takes a few days for the changes to reach the other platforms, because we may have to fix a bug or two first.

That tilted viewpoint makes your game look ultima vii-ish. Very nice!

Actually the house in the screenshot is an homage to one of the houses in that particular game. It started out exactly similar to it, but it's diverted a bit over time as the game has changed. :)

Back
Top Bottom