Bethesda Softworks - Blog & Interviews

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Bethsoft has launched a new blog (thanks to Briosafreak's Fallout 3 blog), to be used as an un unofficial community sort of thing - here's Pete Hines' explanation:
We already have an outlet for official info on our games, but have been pretty limited on providing info on cool mods that are out, put up a gallery of fan art, do short Q&As with devs from different games, answer questions we get from people in a place where everyone else can see it too, or, I dunno, show off a Fallout 3 paint job someone here did in Forza 2…that kind of thing. Official sites aren’t always a good way to do that sort of thing, and things tend to get lost in our forums fairly quickly. Since gaming is what we do for work and play, hopefully this blog will cover plenty of both.
Interestingly, it looks like Game Informer's Matt Miller (author of their Fallout 3 preview) has been hired as a a newsie - and you can also catch him in a podcast with radio station KFAN discussing the time he spent with Fallout 3.
Anyway, the first real content is a profile interview with Emil Pagliarulo:
1) What’s your job at Bethesda?
I’m the lead designer of Fallout 3.
2) What prior projects have you worked on?
Let’s see. Here at Bethesda, my very first task was creating all the miscellaneous quests for Bloodmoon, the second official Morrowind expansion. I then did a lot of design work on Oblivion, including the Arena and Dark Brotherhood. Before working at Bethesda, I was a designer on the Thief series, and worked at Looking Glass and Ion Storm Austin.
More information.

Interestingly, it looks like Game Informer's Matt Miller (author of their Fallout 3 preview) has been hired as a a newsie - and you can also catch him in a podcast with radio station KFAN discussing the time he spent with Fallout 3.
Where does it say anything about Matt Miller being hired? In the first blog post they only use the first name Matt, probably meaning their community manager Matt Grandstaff or whatever his name was - and "gstaff" has made two blog posts.

Back
Top Bottom