Hinterland - Preview @ Games Radar

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Kieron Gillen has penned a short look at Tilted Mill's Hinterland for PC Gamer UK and on the 'net via Games Radar. On the basic premise:
You’re a lord, sent into the wild to explore and left-click any bad guys in your backyard. While you’re adventuring forth, your village grows. Acquired items secure different types of citizens, so recruiting new townsfolk will be your main goal. The idea stemmed from the dev’s earlier experiments in a medieval city-builder. “You don’t get bards unless you can find a magical instrument,” explains Mat Williams, senior producer. “You need ancient tomes to bring a wizard in. You can get a necromancer, but you’ve got to find a crypt.” Once settled, your lord can issue orders, setting the smith to construct swords or the priest to pray for healing - no more buying items off the populace you’re protecting. And if you decide the village can survive without a certain citizen, ask them to join your party and head off into the wilderness.
More information.

I had seen some screenshots for this game and thought it was just another Diablo clone, so I'm very surprised to learn it's actually a strategy game. I'll have to keep tabs on it, looks like something I could really enjoy.

Last edited:
Sounds nice.

I wonder how the actual performance is.

Hmm. I looked at the website and they are accepting people for Beta testing. This means that you might want to forget about it being ready in August or September. Think October or November at a minimum.

... Somehow, this all reminds me of Majesty ...

Looks promising--keeping it on the radar.

Back
Top Bottom