Scars of War - Faction Profiles

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Soln Kayd and the Blackspear Company factions are discussed at the Scars of War blog:
Named for their leader’s signature weapon, the legendary Black Spear of Anados, the Blackspear Company is an infamous mercenary band which can be found operating throughout the Westlands, wherever there is conflict and coin to be made from it. The Company has profited tremendously from the Mirtaran-Lethani war. Currently, the majority of the Companies forces are contracted by the Mirtaran government to bolster it’s eastern border with Lethan and to provide security services within the capital of Endaurvar while the succession is being decided.
More information.

Sounds like a promising game, from quickly browsing through their website. Is there any known projected released date for it?

Well, "when it's done" is what I've been hearing; however, I will add, he seems to work on it just about every day (and has just gotten help with the art development), so things are moving right along. Every delay seems to be related on the dev adopting a better technology, so I really can't bitch much about that, either. His blog makes a good read, you should keep checking back.
-Kris

Patience is required when dealing with indie RPG's in my experience. Spiderweb being the only real exception, with the graphics being the obvious price to pay for their relatively high output. So expect SoW in 2015, and hopefully be pleasantly surprised by an early release :)

Gareth says beta is due soon!!

Same here. I only recently started hearing more about it. I thought it was at least a few years away from being released.

From Gareth's SoW blog dated Apr 24th

Beta isn’t far off now, I’m hellova excited! Wow, but T3D is looking awesine, I’m seeing some great stuff in the private forums and the snippets of the T3D documentation that’s just been released. The odds of me not porting SoW to T3D drops everytime I see another video!

I am fairly sure that the beta Gareth is refering to is the T3D beta, not the Scars of War beta. If you follow the link he gives it is to a T3D blog. Scars of War beta is not that close.

Sorry, but to me on a SoW blog, MY first thought on the word beta was that it referred to his game!! Things like that happen when you get old!! :)

Back
Top Bottom