Wasteland 2 - Post-Funding Update # 49

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
As InXile Entertainment promised here is the latest post-funding update for Wasteland 2 , and the biggest news of the whole update is the game now has a release date.

The End is in Sight!

We are very happy to announce the ship date for Wasteland 2: the game will be coming to you at the end of August of this year!

Before saying anything else, I want to first and foremost again thank you, our backers. Without you I'd never be where I am today, just a few months removed from finally releasing the game I've been wanting to make for 25 years. It's exciting to be in this home stretch, and all your support and feedback throughout the process has made the game much better than it would have been otherwise. What we're releasing is a game of much greater scope than we ever dreamed of when starting our Kickstarter. More features, more areas, more reactivity, more words, all thanks to you for funding our game and for giving us the time needed to finish it. My goal has been to over deliver on your expectations for Wasteland 2.

We also just released another big update to the Wasteland 2 beta (full notes on our tumblr). This update adds the final major area of Arizona, meaning the Wasteland 2 beta now includes all Arizona maps, which is approximately half the entire game!

At this stage we're internally feature complete, but not feature locked. What that means is that every feature is in our dev builds but we're still testing functionality, gameplay balance impact and even quality. If a feature is not good enough, we'll cut it, but if fan feedback and internal review indicates it's vital, we'll double down on it. But the main focus for the new few months lies with balancing, optimizing and of course mercilessly hunting down bugs.

But we are not yet in full lock-down, it is important for us to stay flexible for iterations as we keep learning from the backer beta. For instance, we'll be tweaking the skill usage density and variety our game levels, and adding some smaller lines and skill-paths. Combat balance is something else we'll be spending a lot of time on in the next months, as it still needs much fine-tuning. Localization is another major step and we can do with more help on that, see more below. In other words, these next few months won't be idle months!
The rest of the update is about the new character creation screens, MCM London, and they talk about the games Novella. Visit the link above for that information.

More information.

Did anybody else catch the Blunt Weapons icon? Heh. Board with some nails in it. I like those types of small, colorful touches in a game.

Have they announced recommended specs yet? I looked at their webpage but its pretty bare.

I'm a little surprised by the minimum specs tbh. They're not high compared to recent PC releases, but they're higher than I would have guessed based on what I've seen of W2 so far.

I'm a little surprised by the minimum specs tbh. They're not high compared to recent PC releases, but they're higher than I would have thought for a game like this.

I'm pretty sure you can thank the Unity engine for that.

FWIW, I played the latest beta the other day, and performance is better than before.

It's more or less smooth for me now, but do keep in mind that I'm running a 780 ti. It should be way more than just smooth for what it's doing.

Back
Top Bottom