Dragon Age - Cover Article in Next PC Gamer

Dhruin

SasqWatch
More a heads up than actual news but Chris Priestly is pointing out an upcoming Dragon Age feature in the next PC Gamer that goes into some detail on the Origin Stories. Here is his post from the official forums:
I'm calling out to all of our North American audience that the next copy of PC Gamer magazine will have a huge feature article and cover devoted to Dragon Age Origins.

PC Gamer writer Evan Lahti was recently up here in chilly Edmonton where he was able to interview the Dev team and get some hands on time with Dragon Age Origins it's self. Once he headed back to warmer climes, he wrote this excellent 9 page article on his time with the game and his thoughts and impressions.

The article is chock full of hot new screenshots including your first glimpses of all 6 origin stories, some new areas and a few creatures sprinkled in. The article also talks about how Dragon Age relates back to Baldur's Gate, it talks about the Dragon Age Toolset and delves deep into where some of the Dev team got their "origin story" in the world of video games.

Look for your copy of PC Gamer with the Ogre on the front as this cool issue will be on sale in North America on February 3.
More information.

It went in to a lot of detail, all right. And there was a portrat of Minsc with his giant minature space hamster! It also called the dwarven beards "epic." I don't know about that. I doubt anything will ever hold a candle to the dwarven beards in Witcher.

zoltan chivay is my co-pilot

Wow ... I didn't realize they still printed game magazines.

On paper.

What about the rest of the world? Aren't we important too!!!!

Last edited:
Wow ... I didn't realize they still printed game magazines.

On paper.
Didn't know, that there are still print mags in the USA. We only get the news of american magazines stopping their print version and going online. ^^

We also had a new german article about Dragon Age in Germany. Print magazine pc games made it available on their website. I don't think it was mentioned in the news before. It's more about gameplay than technical thing as the most previews before.

On the negative side: It's in german. ;)

http://www.pcgames.de/aid,674334/Dr...n_zum_Bioware-Rollenspiel/PC/Vorschau/?page=1

Just got done reading it. scanned it for my RPG compadres.

Some good details within, namely the whole "origins" angle - you start out not as just a blank slate picking your attributes and what not, with the same "save the world" template as any other class. Youre approaching the game, and story, from a unique angle depending upon what kind of race/class etx you choose to play. Looks interesting. Supposedly has more written dialogue than any prior bioware game. Anxious to see how it all shakes out, but the preview sounds pretty good so far.

Toolset seems really cool too, for those who want to get crafting, going so far as to have a cutscene editor. Nice!

Thanks for the link - grabbed it and will read it later!

Great link XSamhainX, got me drooling over my keyboard here! :)

Last edited:
actually they kind of did that in mass effect, which i thought was pretty cool. many conversations in the game reflected your past history and there was at least one unique quest for each of the 3 service record histories you choose. hopefully dragon age expands it greatly. off to read the article now--thanks!

Thanx Samhain

I've just read through it. Very nice and interesting read...

I so want to play as a xx or as yy or maybe a

Oh so many choices to be made, it seems.

And this time around it looks like we get some real consequencesa of these choices we make in the game...

And why, oh why, must Bioware Torment us such - there is no release Gate, ehm, I mean date yet...

Back
Top Bottom