Dragon Age - Copy Protection Revealed & More

And that has happened to you how often and with what games and companies ?

A few examples:
- EA Store - they are one of those 'limited download' things, and when Crysis Warhead came out I'd already uninstalled Crysis and since it was required, they wanted e to re-buy it to play the expansion, I had to manually go through customer service.
- Oh yeah, the same thing had with the BF2142 expansion ...
- I bought but didn't immediately download a game through Aspyr's GameAgent ... and never got the 'purchase confirmation' email, but had my PayPal email. Was able to get enough info from that to go through customer service for the download. They weren't budging without that proof ...
- Steam - I bought a pack including a game I already had, but rather than getting a 'gift' like I would with Orange Box I got nothing. This isn't an activation issue, but rather an issue of how they can cheat your purchases on digital downloads - I have 3 copies of Diablo because of various pack-in purchases, and while I only need one, if I paid for three I should *have* three!

Well, I think that Mike (txa1265) is a bit of a special case anyway since he's got like 357 computers and laptops (including 26 iMacs and 42 iBooks) and 259 handheld devices :) . If there is one person on this planet where it does not surprise me that he runs into issues with the activation limits then it's gotta be Mike.

Hehe ... and because what you say is true, perhaps I prove Roi Danton's point by not having MORE issues ...

Maybe we should commemorate it, somehow, since it does seem to have obvious significance. We could hold a celeberation, drink some beer, listen to a few speeches and select a "Miss Copy Protection."

Sounds great. After we crown the winner, I'll personally go on stage and demontrate how the latest patch from GameCopyWorld strips the protection right off of her :drool::plotting::boogie:

Downloading a NOCD crack to remove the disc check is a matter of 30 seconds effort. Why would I wait for a disc check or swap out the CD to play a game I already paid for? Because God is looking over my shoulder?

You'd have to knkw WHERE to download this crack from, first, and THEN it might also be that a Trojan is incorporated in it.

I don't assume that casual gamers usually know specific locations to download cracks from.

This thread is kinda funny. People all excited about copy protection :)
There are some thing that are important for me to be able to get into the game and enjoying things like gameplay,story,development etc.
These things are:
  • No camera issues
  • No killer bugs
  • Copy Protection

If one of the above doesn't meet my requirements I either don't buy the game or never play it to the end.
I can put up with pretty much everything else like controls,performance,visuals etc.
That's why I'm happy when there's no DRM.

But then again that's just me so don't shoot people.

Back
Top Bottom