Diablo 3 - Closed Beta Begins

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Gamasutra has news the Closed Beta for Diablo III has started:
Blizzard Entertainment on Tuesday announced that closed beta testing for its highly-anticipated Diablo III action RPG has begun, as the title enters the "final stages of development."

Not only will the closed beta plant the seed for future marketing buzz among the series' most loyal fan base, but it will also give Blizzard important player feedback on the game's development, including stability and hardware input.

The English-only closed beta will allow players to play through Act I of the game in single-player or cooperatively as any of the five hero classes, which include barbarian, witch doctor, wizard, monk and demon hunter. The Act leads to an encounter with the Skeleton King.
...and IGN has an article on a "new easier raid mode".
More information.

Diablo 3? Is that the commercial simulator that looks like Torchlight and doesn't have offline mode?

Last edited:
Thats the one fastca. Im playing the beta for Paths of Exile , its GREAT already . So much darker than D3.

fastica, yep, BUT it's the opposite when regarding the looks. Torchlight has been released AFTER Diablo II, so it's obvious that Torchlight is a Diablo Clone, not the opposite. :) And no, it's not the commercial ones, but the quality ones. The commercial is the battle.net online gameplay, not the single player stuff. :)

fastica, yep, BUT it's the opposite when regarding the looks. Torchlight has been released AFTER Diablo II, so it's obvious that Torchlight is a Diablo Clone, not the opposite. :) And no, it's not the commercial ones, but the quality ones. The commercial is the battle.net online gameplay, not the single player stuff. :)

I know. I finished Diablo II and LoD 10 years ago. I was being sarcastic. BTW I'm really more hyped towards Torchlight II. Runic games seems really interested in pleasing their players and not in getting as much money as they can.

Yeesh,they are working on the camera, there are 6 characters to choose each with 100 skills . Yes one hundred, Awsome unique potion drops . It feels like a snigle player game . Ridiculous veriety of weapons , crazy monsters dead babies washed up on the beach. Did i mention its free.

I'll be checking this out if I get in, for sure.

Curious about how it looks and performs.

It appears POE requires play online. O! The horror! And what's more: optional perks that can be bought with *gasp* real world money. Divert the angry Diablo 3 mob to POE!

DArtagan, PoE conrtols are a liitle stiff but ok, and it looks great abilities are very satisifying and find myself waisting mana , watching ice shards bounce on the ground and particle physics are nice. The shadow details are amazing they look real. When lightning strikes the shadow flashes to the other side in wich the lightning is coming from. when weapons fall its realistic. Very close attention to detail.

They say no perks just cosmetics. In other word you dont have to spend a dime to enjoy the game. I dont know how Grinding Gear Games will stay on board when its free to play ,but the game feels like a single player with the option to team up with someone in Argintina.

Back
Top Bottom