Dead State - Ask Me Anything @ Reddit

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Brian Mitsoda and Oscar Velzi have participated in a Reddit Ask Me Anything about Dead State. It's a hard format to quote but here we go:
-For the shelter, your upgrades make your life a bit easier. The fence needs to be maintained - humans and zombies will occasionally do damage to it. You can upgrade your fence and/or build a watchtower (and assign allies to it)to keep the damage to a minimum.
-Never played Fort Zombie.
-The map is kind of like Fallout. You go where you want or go out for supplies or for something an ally might need. For example, an ally might suggest they would feel safer if the fence was upgraded, so you have to find the supplies to do that OR you can just tell them it's not a priority and deal with any disappointment later. We really want it to be a combination of ally suggestion and player-driven objectives.
-Central Texas is laid out like Central Texas, not random. We have some random encounters and random events that will populate the map, but as in any real-world location, it's based on actual towns and areas. You do have to find these locations, so when you start the game, you've got an empty map except for Splendid (the fictional town where you start the game.)

More information.

The Dead State Kickstarter has reached the second stretch goal in the meantime:

$210k - New Areas (Military Base, Regional Airport, County Fair, Mall) - REACHED!

They are currently at $223000, with three days to go, which is about 150%, a nice success. Still the next two stretch goals are still within reach:
$240k - More Attack Animations, 2 New Allies, 2 New Shelter Upgrades.
$260k - More Character Creation Options, More Zombie Variety, Post-Release Game Modifiers

Maybe some of the RPGwatch people are still considering a pledge? I think Dead State is one of the more unique indie RPG concepts currently under development, and the better they can make the game, the better for us, in the end. I guess I'll up mine to $50 before it ends.

Last edited:
Looks compromized for the 260k target. Lets hope a great finish.

Back
Top Bottom