Evil Islands

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor
Found a copy of this game for cheap at walmart, always wanted to play it.

So far it seems pretty interesting, seams to be a early version of spellforce(I think thats the name of the game...

anyone else playing this?

It´s an old forum favourite. Deep and extremely hard game, AFAIR.

I can only agree to Gorath's reply.

Cool, am I missing something or is there no inventory?

Evil Islands:Curse of the lost soul is a successor to Rage of Mages 1 & 2 -> all 3 games are excellent and very challenging.

There's a russian standalone addon, too: Evil Island: Lost In Astral

I was just replaying Evil Islands last week, it's a great game!

There's an inventory, you just can't access it from "game zones" - you'll have to reach the village. And, as Gorath said, it's a fairly hard game - you'll have to rely on stealth and backstabbing (you start with this skill) for most opponents, especially if you're like me and want to play it solo all the way. Being thorough in order to get all the experience you can is practially necessary. In fact, I love that aspect of the game - reminds me of Gothic somewhat.

^Yeah, the second time I played it, I also solo-ed it. And I cleaned up every map in the game. So the final battle was way too easy.

I liked all the dialogs in the game, and I fondly remember the talk with that goblin Go-Go(or whatshisname). "You give sacred idol back now! Or me sit here for a week. Two week if need." :p

I remember reading a review of Evil Islands, and they criticized the voice-actors. Don't know why. I really liked them. They felt original, and somewhat comic. :)

Nival really is a great developer. Heroes 5, Silent Storm and Evil Islands. All of them good games.

Yeah, I meant to try it for ages....finally found it with etherlords 1 and 2 for 18 bucks....couldn't pass it up.....unfortunately I have 0 time right now:(

I got to the first city pretty cool.

Lord I can't imagine solo-ing it--it was tough with help. Still one of my personal favorites though. I saw that Etherlords bundle and hoped more people would get turned on to it. Hope you enjoy it--I too enjoyed the voice acting, and the crafting system is also pretty cool.

For my taste it was a bit too hard, sorry.

Apart from that I quite liked it, and found it quite realistic in its difficulty level.

Perfect timing! I just got this game from stardock. I noticed that there are quite a few mods out for the game, but most of them are in Russian. There is a Ziggy's Mod, which is in English, but the link to the file is broken :(

Anyone know where I can get English versions of the mods for this game please?

Found a copy of this game for cheap at walmart, always wanted to play it.

So far it seems pretty interesting, seams to be a early version of spellforce(I think thats the name of the game...

anyone else playing this?
Jewel case budget release? Or just something that fell through the cracks?

If it's a jewel case, I'll have to make the long trek to the nearest Walmart to see if they have it.

Jewel case budget release? Or just something that fell through the cracks?

If it's a jewel case, I'll have to make the long trek to the nearest Walmart to see if they have it.

I think rune_74 is talking about this collection--but I've only seen it online.

Yep thats the one...it was in a clearance bin...

Played some more and gotta say the game grows on you .....tough as hell in some parts though

anyone find it hard to find a decent weapon?

It's been a long time since I played, but as I recall it takes awhile before you get any decent weapons or armor; later you can craft some pretty good items, though. :)

anyone find it hard to find a decent weapon?

You'll have to stick to what you start with for... a while. Once you do a few quests in the "River and the Islands" area you'll get a sillicon heavy hammer and a few quests later (in a different questline, though) you'll get a great bone spear from a certain lizard you have to kill. That spear will easily last you through Gipath (you can later remake it with Green Dragon Bone, which you'll get as a quest reward). Meanwhile, you should raise the melee skill - it helps a lot.

As for the difficulty, do note that the default "normal" is more like "way, way hard", so don't feel too bad about lowering it to Novice.

EDIT: Added spoiler tags per request.

Last edited:
I saw it at Best Buy for $19.95 Evil Islands with Etherlords 1 & 2. So, it is a bundle deal. Never played Etherlords.

It's a tb strategy/magic the gathering style cards game. Different and not completely successful. never played Etherlords II so I don't know if it got better or worse.

Back
Top Bottom