Mount & Blade - Review @ GameSquad

magerette

Hedgewitch
Gamesquad posts a highly positive review of Taleworld's Mount & Blade, giving it a 9/10 score, while stressing it has little in common with traditional rpgs:
The first thing a prospective gamer has to understand about Mount & Blade is that this is not your typical RPG. If you have come looking to slay some orks or trolls, look elsewhere. Likewise, if casting fireballs from your fingertips is your preferred method of bring down a foe, move on. Mount & Blade is refreshingly original in that while it takes place in the mythical land of Calradia, this is a realm that has far more in common with the medieval kingdoms of Europe than they do with Middle Earth. There is none of the fantastic here, just armed bands of troops jockeying for the favor of local lords and kings. Again, if you enjoy questing for the lost moonstone of Neverland, you won’t find much to your liking in Calradia. On the other hand, if your idea of a good time is sacking the village of a rival lord and carrying off loot and prisoners, well, in that case Mount & Blade offers a lot you might enjoy.
More information.

Interesting sounding game.

So the options are:

1. Flat out buy it at a store.
2. Download the latest beta for free. If you get to level 6 and find you like it, you can purchase a license so you can get past level 6, though you will still not have the full retail version.
3. Wait 'awhile' (after Christmas?) and the retail version can be downloaded try-before-you-buy style just like the latest beta is treated right now.

Am I right here?

Last edited:
1. Flat out buy it at a store.

Yes.
2. Download the latest beta for free. If you get to level 6 and find you like it, you can purchase a license so you can get past level 6, though you will still not have the full retail version.

You will be able to download the final version with your serial key some time after release. From their website: "(You'll be able to download the final version from this site a little time after the retail release of the game.)"
3. Wait 'awhile' (after Christmas?) and the retail version can be downloaded try-before-you-buy style just like the latest beta is treated right now.

Well, this would be the same as number two. I made the distinction between 2 and 3 because otherwise your post could be understood as though you would have to buy the game twice if you had bought a pre-final version license.

4. Try the beta until level 6 from the official website and afterwards buy the game from GamersGate, which would be the final verison.

Available tomorrow? Oh no, that must mean today is Christmas! Jeez, stupid global warming, my family is going to kill me for forgetting!! :sweatdrop: ;)

Back
Top Bottom