Dark Souls PC Version

Finished Dark Souls a couple of days ago and loved every minute of it. I liked it so much that it made me buy Demon's Souls for the ps3. Now I'm hopeful i'll have as much fun with that game!

It's kind of ironic to see this thread bumped back up; as I've only just received my big chunky "prepare to die" boxed edition. I'm wary of installing it now though, might wait until I have much more time to sink into it...as it certainly has acquired an aura for being immersive and addictive (to go with the challenge) :)

Finished Dark Souls a couple of days ago and loved every minute of it. I liked it so much that it made me buy Demon's Souls for the ps3. Now I'm hopeful i'll have as much fun with that game!

You should have played Demon's first, but anyway, I can assure you that you'll enjoy it pretty much ;).

It's kind of ironic to see this thread bumped back up; as I've only just received my big chunky "prepare to die" boxed edition. I'm wary of installing it now though, might wait until I have much more time to sink into it…as it certainly has acquired an aura for being immersive and addictive (to go with the challenge) :)

Yeah when you get into it you really get into it, not many games does that for me nowadays but this one did big time.

During my playthrough I missed the "Artorias of the abyss" extra content. It wasn't superobvious how to reach that content withouth reading about it online which i did too late. So my plan now is to give Demon's Souls a shot and then replay Dark Souls afterwards including the new content.

Black Dragon Kalameet in DLC was the hardest boss battle for me by far. Took me around 7 hours to finally beat him ( compare it to less than 3 minute time I needed to beat Gwyn, the final boss. ) and even that happened with the help of a glitch. Got stuck between his legs and took half his HP in that condition by showering him with Pyromancy spells. At least you could summon a phantom before fighting with Ornstein and smough, but you have to fight with this damn dragon all alone. Although I have to admit DS is one of the few games that truly shows the true might of dragons. Even in Gothic II you could easily slay them, but in DS, they truly send shiver down your spine.

The major problem that I found with Kalameet is cutting off its tail: it's a total pain in the ass!
Agreed on the power of the dragon, I can't think of another recent fantasy game that has such powerful enemies.
And, simply put, Smough & Ornstein is my favourite boss fight, despite the initial hate 'cause of multiple wipes (with or without Solaire ;)).

Ornstein and Smough was the hardest boss for me, tried alot of times solo and got my ass handed to me. Eventually I decided to summon solaire and then I beat them a few tries after that.

Rolled a Temple knight now in Demon's Souls, seemed like a nice choice statwise and also since he starts with a halberd. I played with the gargoyle's halberd ever since I got it in Dark Souls and finnished the game with it. The long reach of it just rocks. Are there any good halberds/longreach weapons like that in demon's souls that scales with strength?

Also managed to kill the tutorialboss after like 10 replays haha, had to remake the character everytime but it was totaly worth it. Feels so good when you finally play just right.

Indeed :) anyway, IIRC Halberds (just like any other weapon) could scale with Strength if you upgrade them; otheriwse, since you're a TK, pump Faith a lot and in a certain world you can find a very good Halberd that scales with Faith ^^.

Indeed :) anyway, IIRC Halberds (just like any other weapon) could scale with Strength if you upgrade them; otheriwse, since you're a TK, pump Faith a lot and in a certain world you can find a very good Halberd that scales with Faith ^^.

Cool man, I'll look out for that then, thanks!

Finished Demon's Souls. A great game but i must say that I prefer Dark Souls. Might be because I played it first.
Anyway, the game wasn't that hard for me, I only struggled abit on the Maneater boss and the Old Hero boss but when I equipped the thieves ring he was a cakewalk. Killed Flamelurker on the second try and Allant on the first. Finished the game at soullevel 71 with like 30 vit, 30 endurance, 22 strength and 36 faith. With my +5 blessed halberd, ring of regeneration and the regenerationspell my hp went up real quick after getting damaged.

I liked the leveldesign alot but missed the contiguous open world feeling from Dark Souls. Favourite area would be the stonefang tunnels after the armored spider and before flamelurker. You just kept going deeper and deeper down into the earth. Oh and the whole Boletarian castle was pretty awesome too. Overall I wish I'd played Demon's Souls when it came out in 2009 because now it felt abit like a step backwards from Dark Souls.

Edit: Oh and I never understood the world tendency stuff, read about it too late in the game. I don't like that you can loose seeing content withouth having any idea what to do about it.

Back
Top Bottom