Gothic Gothic Speed Runs @ WoG

Very impressive, some players have said what's the point of going so fast but i see no harm, "The wonderer" is having some fun and also gathering 'fame' at the same time. :)

its cool to see you can so easilly play trough gothic 1

Holy crap ... I think I spend more time fiddling my inventory than that ...

The run is very impressive and I learned a few new things.....one of which I need help with.

At the :30 thru :35 seconds mark in video 2, he quickly turns left and runs up a steep wall. I have tried it numerous times without success. I did get almost to the top before sliding off, but most of the time when I try to jump forward to get on up the wall, it will jump left on the second jump. I tried for half an hour before taking another route I knew into the orc village. Also the timing required for alot of these things is insane. transforming into orc dog and biting the orc as you run by for example. Several times i gave a quick nip to get them after me, but would be instantly killed lol.

Have any of you succeeded in running up the rock wall I mentioned? I have done this before in other areas(no purpose, just playing), but can't get it right this place.

@ Uriziel, Yeah I just checked that part out, it's pretty amazing the way he does that. TheWonderer has insane skill when it comes to running and jumping and using acrobatics. I can only imagine how many hours of practice he's put into the Gothics.

Personally, I wouldn't even want to be that good, because that much time practicing the same things over and over again would diminish the fun for me.

WorldofGothic has put up a few new Gothic I+II+III speed runs by TheWonderer.

There are Gothic gamers and there is TheWonderer...

I praise his exploits! :worship:

I haven't seen all of them but what I've seen so far is enough for me to consider him an above average gamer. Well well above.

His grasp of the game amazes me.
I guess he spent to much time playing Gothics.

Maybe he can help with the patches!

P.S. : If I remember correctly, I saw parts of his first run of Gothic but it was in 2 hours. Now it's half of one. The guy must be on speed.

Last edited:
:jester:About Acrobatics-Agility
Can u complete the quest New soul for the Brotherhood without paying the guard 100 ore in G1???I can do it and much more. :gorath:

The Wonderer doesn't impres me. Playing(G1) hardcore right now.

Well goody for you? I wasn't sure what response you were looking for here, Altair. Do you need praise? All praise Altair's elite G1 (a single-player crpg, not a game of skill) abilities :smitten:

:lol: crpgnut....hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha
What im trying to say is that (hahahahah) TheWonderer planned every move(hahahahhaa) in that speed run....nothing special. Im an expert in escape from death on the last moment in G1....(hahahahha) don't need praise(hahahhahaha)...cant stop hahahahahahhahahahhaha :lol:

crpg=????

Sbdy stuck while playing G1, G2, G3 check ou this guy TheWonderer speed runs. ALL GAME SOLVE IN 1hour. Fast and easy...hahahahha :lol:

I HAD TO SAY IT PLEASE FORGIVE ME ALL

Last edited:
crpg stands for computer role playing game, Altair. I'm glad you're so happy. It's a good way to start the New Year.

speed kills

I wonder if Altair got that shiny red fire-engine he wanted for christmas.

The run is very impressive and I learned a few new things.....one of which I need help with.

At the :30 thru :35 seconds mark in video 2, he quickly turns left and runs up a steep wall. I have tried it numerous times without success. I did get almost to the top before sliding off, but most of the time when I try to jump forward to get on up the wall, it will jump left on the second jump. I tried for half an hour before taking another route I knew into the orc village. Also the timing required for alot of these things is insane. transforming into orc dog and biting the orc as you run by for example. Several times i gave a quick nip to get them after me, but would be instantly killed lol.

Have any of you succeeded in running up the rock wall I mentioned? I have done this before in other areas(no purpose, just playing), but can't get it right this place.

With a few mods coming out I decided to load up the ole Gothic and give'r a spin. And like a retard I remembered this thread and started from scratch to make a speed run. Umm, the reason my dumbass was having so much trouble getting up this cliff face, was the last time I was trying it I didn't have acrobatics....DOH! With acrobatics it is amazingly simple to do. Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but someone might need the info........in like 2318b.c.

:lol: crpgnut....hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha
What im trying to say is that (hahahahah) TheWonderer planned every move(hahahahhaa) in that speed run....nothing special. Im an expert in escape from death on the last moment in G1....(hahahahha) don't need praise(hahahhahaha)...cant stop hahahahahahhahahahhaha :lol:

crpg=????

Sbdy stuck while playing G1, G2, G3 check ou this guy TheWonderer speed runs. ALL GAME SOLVE IN 1hour. Fast and easy...hahahahha :lol:

I HAD TO SAY IT PLEASE FORGIVE ME ALL

wtf is wrong with you?

OK, I am bumping up this thread because I have seen The Wonderer's G1 "bug" run and it both amuses and amazes me.

I do have a question, though. In the end of the first video and overlapping into the 2nd, he visits Xaradas' tower and kills the 2nd & 3rd Golems there (the fire and ice ones). At first I thought he took this detour in order to get their hearts to trade later on for scrolls and potions. BUT -- he goes there AFTER the new camp excursion. And once he kills the Golems he heads straight to the Orc Temple, which, as it turns out, is the central short-cut of the entire video.

SO... my question is -- why waste time killing the Golems if it doesn't serve your purpose later. He totally skips any interaction with Xardas so its not needed for that quest.

The only thing I can think of is that he did for experience. That perhaps these two kills were the quickest way for a low level char to advance and get more HP. And he HAD to have done it only for the health points because he does not visit any trainers to use LP after killing the Golems.

Anyway, I am sure he explained all this somewhere in the German forums. I just hoped maybe there were some comments here. BTW, I'll post this over at WoG to see what they think.

Speed running a game like Gothic is like drinking a gourmet meal after putting it in a blender.

Speed running a game like Gothic is like drinking a gourmet meal after putting it in a blender.

QFT!!!

I *still* have the Gothic games take me forever because I refuse to skip over anything when I replay. I mean ... what is the point?

OK, I am bumping up this thread because I have seen The Wonderer's G1 "bug" run and it both amuses and amazes me.

I do have a question, though. In the end of the first video and overlapping into the 2nd, he visits Xaradas' tower and kills the 2nd & 3rd Golems there (the fire and ice ones). At first I thought he took this detour in order to get their hearts to trade later on for scrolls and potions. BUT — he goes there AFTER the new camp excursion. And once he kills the Golems he heads straight to the Orc Temple, which, as it turns out, is the central short-cut of the entire video.

SO… my question is — why waste time killing the Golems if it doesn't serve your purpose later. He totally skips any interaction with Xardas so its not needed for that quest.

The only thing I can think of is that he did for experience. That perhaps these two kills were the quickest way for a low level char to advance and get more HP. And he HAD to have done it only for the health points because he does not visit any trainers to use LP after killing the Golems.

Anyway, I am sure he explained all this somewhere in the German forums. I just hoped maybe there were some comments here. BTW, I'll post this over at WoG to see what they think.

Sorry to dredge this old topic up again, but someone reading later might want the answer posed but not answered. He did it because he needed one of the Golem hearts. The hearts of ice and fire golems can be equipped and used like a rune.(weakest ice and fire runes from Circle 1, but you don't need to meet the magic requirement of a rune.)

Back
Top Bottom