M&M: Heroes VI - Review @ GameSpot

Dhruin

SasqWatch
GameSpot has reviewed Might & Magic: Heroes 6, resulting in an 8/10 score:
For more than a decade and a half, the Heroes of Might & Magic series has offered players the chance to adventure through fantastical worlds while training heroes, developing towns, and building armies to explore the realm and conquer their enemies. The turn-based titan returns in Might & Magic Heroes VI with the same engrossing and rewarding gameplay that its predecessors served up so well. New creatures, spells, and a lovely new faction help make this visually vibrant game feel fresh, while the restructured skill tree and new dynasty mechanic make hero development more flexible. Progressing through the five lengthy campaigns can drag at times, which is something the new quick combat feature both ameliorates and exacerbates. And the diverse tactical considerations can outpace the game's ability to explain them properly. But the addictive rhythm of building, fighting, and exploring is as powerful as ever, making Might & Magic Heroes VI another compelling entry in this storied series.
More information.

Lovely new faction?? WTF? The Sanctuary is the worst town ever in a Heroes game.

I havent played it for over three weeks and I rarely played it before. It just doesnt have the same amount of pull as the first four.

Sanctuary, it is, indeed, a lovely new faction. Although I respect your opinion, the fact that you admit of having barely taken the time to play the game, it is a statement on the reliability of your opinion.

Heroes VI is a very good game, and certainly a deserving new episode in the venerable series. A real gem for anyone who likes turn-based fantasy games.

Back
Top Bottom