Today is ...

Pibber ? :lol:

"To bibber" is the verb used when people mean that they are feeling cold, their teeth clatter and their bodies are shivering ! ;) :lol:

I think that "to bibber" could be a mild form of "to zitter" (with the "z" pronounced as "ts" like it is the common, usual way to pronounce it), whereas "zittern" is a real shivering or trembling.

The word "bibbern" is only used when one is feeling cold (vor Kälte zittern") or has fear or is afraid of something ("vor Angst zittern").

But you don't know this. ;)

the day before tomorrow when pibbur's intention is to go to London.

It's also the day before
1669: Swedish forces goes to Copenhagen. So will pibbur in a couple of days, hopefully with a better outcome.
1812: Here comes gerrymandering.
1531: Here comes Henry
1873: Here goes Amadeus
1808: Here goes nothing (in Pensylvania)

32,900,000 results for anthracite

pibbur who hasn't read Oscar Jewel Harvey, History of Wilkes-Barre and the Wyoming Valley

How comes that Anthracite writes so much (more) in forums ???

It's got a burning desire.

… The first attempt at going to London. Success!!

1659: The somewhat futile attempt of Swedes at going to Copenhagen.
1812: The principle of gerrymandering.
1889: The Meji
1942: The Chattanooga Choo Choo (goes gold).
1978: The Aristotle, The Shakespeare and The Dickens (In China)
1990: The Mandela is released from the Victor Verster Prison

Notable first time appearances:
1840: The Donizetti's approximately 103rd
1843: The Verdi's 4th
1903: The Bruckner's 9th
1974: The Pibbur's 20th

219,000 googles for gunpowder tea

says the pibbur who'd really like some 正山小种

the day pibbur decided not to go to Switzerland and Austria. Not because there are lots of trains going here, there and everywhere down there, and the dangers associated with that. It just that one day at the Science Musaeum in London isn't nearly enough!!!

1660 Peace in our time in Scandianavia after Charles(10.0)'s metabolic processes were history, he was off the twig, kicked the bucket, shuffled off his mortal coil, ran down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile
1689: William and Mary (not the one killed by Elizabeth) rules Britannia!
1692: 78 Mc Donaldses closed down at Glen Coe
1867: Work begins on the covering of Brussels' answer to the river Ankh. To allow urban renewal in the centre of the city. Pibbur's going there on thursday. Hmmm.
1880: Edison discovers the effect of Edison. Or the other way around.
1960: France got the bomb, but don't you grieve, 'Cause they're on our side (I believe)
1970: Black Sabbath by Black Sabbath. Or the other way around.
1981: Sewers exploding in Kentucky! Pibbur is reminded of the river Ankh once more.

Notable first time appearances:
498039 BC: A rock near Olancha, California, US, appearing to anachronistically encase a spark plug.
2004: Lucy, a diamond in the Sky
2009: 1234567890 seconds.

Notable last time appearances:
2000: The last original "Peanuts" comic strip

pibbur who isn't tough enough to drink Ankh water, but who'll eat haggis any time

Ah yes, but can you eat just ONE (1) Peanut? :)

Within a very short timeframe - yes.

the day pibbur went to the Natural History Museum, walked around for hourds and went back to the hotelin pain.

1924: IBM becomes IBM
1929: Valentine's day in Chicago.
2001: The NEAR Shloemaker space probe don't come near Shoemaker at all
2011: Pibbur tells you about Charles the bald.
2011: Pibbur may have told you about the rise of Lawrence.

5 googles for pibbur and vaølentine, 0,0255 % of googles for pibber and valentine.

pibbur who still thinks his results for valentine on goolgle is disturbingly high.

Natural History ? I enjoyed the Dinosaur part most of it. I didn't see too much of the rest, because that was all I wanted to see. :D

Yes, I went through that part. So did half of the population in London. Apparently school's off this week, and everybody's going to the museums. Tomorrow it's Oxford Street.

I also went to the Earth hall, for a geology treat.

pibbur who appreciates the 12.5/km^2 population density at home

… the final day in London. Tomorrow pibbur's going home, and this thread goes back to hibernation

1113: The rise of the Hospitalers

1637: The rise of Holy Roman emperor Ferdinand. He stayed in business untill his death, which was quite common for roman empereors (especially the unholy ones). What was uncommon (especially 1600 years earlier) was of course him staying in business for 20 years. No years of 3 or 6 emperors during his rule. He was quite a bussy man at the same time being King of Hungary and Croatia, King of Bohemia and Archduke of Austria, complying with the safe and sound tradition of business people serving on several boards. What's good for Rome is good for Hungary is good for Croation is good for Bohemia and at least partially good for Austria.

1804: The rise of the Serbian revolution. Leading to (?)
1835: The Rise of the Serbiabn constitution (at least it rhymes).
1906: The rise of Labour.
1946: The rise of Electronic Numerical Integrator And Computer
1965: The rise of the maple.
1989: The fall of (Soviet implementation of) Afghanistan
1995: The fall of Kevin Mitnick
2005: The rise of Youtube

13 900 000 googles for bribes

pibbur says so long and thanks for all the fish as the thread ends once more

... Father's Day in various countries.

What remains is to convince the wife and my daughters that this also applies to Norway. (along with the rest of the father's days out there, but don't tell them I said that).

pibbur, father of 2*10^13 female human cells

… edible book day.

And a day you'd want to visit en.wikipedia.org for not necessarily useless information, but at least information with a twist.

pibbur who is a fool or not a fool

Back
Top Bottom